PDA

View Full Version : FarmBoy

L Skylar Brown
08-23-2016, 02:27 PM
I did this today. Trying to loosen up my figurative stuff. You think all those skills are with you, but after a very long gap in painting, it doesn't flow like it used to. I'm gonna try to do work every day - which is what I used to do. This was done using graphite, oils, & airbrush on a textured canvas setting. 3 layers. I am also just getting used to a new large Wacom pro tablet. My trusty old (2009) Hanvon died. This thing has too many settings, and I find myself disabling a lot of them.

hildee
08-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Those brush strokes are so well-worked and the skin is really well done - colours, method, etc. This surely has a story to it.

L Skylar Brown
08-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Those brush strokes are so well-worked and the skin is really well done - colours, method, etc. This surely has a story to it.

Hildee - Thank you very much. It's a bit of revisionist memory. I grew up in rural Arkansas. As far as the techniques, that is something I am constantly trying to improve. Unfortunately, I vacillate within the "realisms" from impressionist to photo-realism, and can't seem to decide where to stay.