PDA

View Full Version : Guard and Warrior

L Skylar Brown
08-23-2016, 04:43 AM
These are inspired by my binge-watching Game of Thrones. These are a beginning of a series, I guess.
The first, Warrior20, was an idea about metal armour. The second a bit of Celt-Brit-Viking inspiration

D Akey
08-23-2016, 09:47 AM
Consistent contrast as ever I've observed of your stuff -- strapping strength of body with sensitive eyes.

I just marathon watched Game of Thrones last month beginning to end, seeing it for the first time. Now I can see why everybody has been obsessed by it -- artists especially. The look of it is off the charts phenomenal. Because the story so huge, I still can't get over it's television as opposed to the big screen. Amazing characters.

Nice painting, Skylar.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

L Skylar Brown
08-23-2016, 02:23 PM
DA Thanks so much for commenting. I have been away from my art for almost a year. I had to close up the house, and move in with my sister, who was going thru operations and chemo for cancer. That was Hell, having been thru it myself. Lingering depression, with hopelessness surrounded me. I'm sure it was all the stress she was going thru, but She focused on me & my imperfections. We fell out. I just came back home. Am trying to remember what this feels like... Art is my savior.

D Akey
08-23-2016, 05:52 PM
Geez. Blessings of health and healing to you all. Yeah, art will certainly listen, sometimes it talks and sometimes knows us better than we do ourselves, doesn't it.

Glad you're back and I'm very happy to hear you've overcome. Sometimes a curious side effect is that we're put through "it" as a way to be able to feel what others are going through when "it" knocks for them. Hope you and your sister find a good place for one another. Times are challenging and that's a fact.

Anyway, hang in there. And paint up a storm! Good focus for a talented artist like yourself.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

sabena
08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
fantastic paintings i like very much:rolleyes:

L Skylar Brown
08-26-2016, 11:21 AM
fantastic paintings i like very much:rolleyes:

Sabena- Thank you so much!

L Skylar Brown
08-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Geez. Blessings of health and healing to you all. Yeah, art will certainly listen, sometimes it talks and sometimes knows us better than we do ourselves, doesn't it.

Glad you're back and I'm very happy to hear you've overcome. Sometimes a curious side effect is that we're put through "it" as a way to be able to feel what others are going through when "it" knocks for them. Hope you and your sister find a good place for one another. Times are challenging and that's a fact.

Anyway, hang in there. And paint up a storm! Good focus for a talented artist like yourself.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks so much, my friend. I think of that adage - "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" We just have to keep on moving.