PDA

View Full Version : Art Rage rocks!

nordoceltic
08-22-2016, 06:04 PM
I had to motivation to do something like this today. I just purchased Art Rage this week, having been working with physical oils, and Photoshop for some time. Art Rage simply has fantastic physical media simulation, in particular oils. I also really love how intuitive the program is. Its not a perfect simulation for oils, but its words better than what Photoshop will do for me.

I tend to work all in one layer since my training is in traditional media. This case I use a photo for reference. This picture, I'm not sure what it all means. I did this one today.

This one is another from photo reference of a simple still life. I wanted an easy subject to familiarize myself with Art Rage. I did this earlier this week.

Random thought: I find myself wishing Art rage could export a height map of its brushstrokes and there was some printing company that could use it to simulate the impasto effect with canvas printing.

D Akey
08-22-2016, 08:07 PM
Nice stuff. Welcome! ArtRage is super fun for sure.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

L Skylar Brown
08-23-2016, 05:35 AM
Wonderful images. I used to use Corel, but I discovered AR around 2009, and have been an AR artist since.
The thing about Raised effect for printing does exist, but for things short of professionally printed images, the effect is not cost-effective. I use a few diff on-line printers for the prints-on-canvas I sell.

hildee
08-24-2016, 02:59 PM
I like your direct style. Good paintings.