PDA

View Full Version : Spooky Woodchester

Jules
08-19-2016, 08:48 PM
Woodchester is a gothic mansion set in the Gloucester countryside in England.

All tools.

D Akey
08-19-2016, 09:04 PM
What a great drawing style. Love how you featured it with the light washes. Really fun line, love the stylization of the woods, fence, house and all. Has a great voice plus it's a very consistent hook up with the previous drawing you shared. You have to be doing a book or animation? Even though these environments speak volumes, you surely have an eye for the design of the characters who live here beyond the ghostly lurkers.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Jules
08-20-2016, 08:01 PM
What a great drawing style. Love how you featured it with the light washes. Really fun line, love the stylization of the woods, fence, house and all. Has a great voice plus it's a very consistent hook up with the previous drawing you shared. You have to be doing a book or animation? Even though these environments speak volumes, you surely have an eye for the design of the characters who live here beyond the ghostly lurkers.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks D Akey as always. Yes I wanted to give it a watercolour feel. I used a different technique drawing the house, hold down the ctrl button with pencil. I am trying to be consistent, I want my own style, I seem to gravitate towards this style. I am not doing a book or animation, but I have a paranormal blog, I use artrage for the illustrations in it; here is an example if you are interested Mr Akey. Click here (http://paranormalplacesuk.blogspot.co.uk/2007/05/jules-travels-woodchester-mansion.html). :D

D Akey
08-21-2016, 12:32 AM
As one does when following link to link to God knows where, I stumbled upon this poem that could have been the favorite of some ghostly spirits wandering across the moors. . . or in one of your time forgotten mansions. A poem of ever-longing. Can't you just hear this coming from within the old stones. . .

IF YOU WERE COMING IN THE FALL, I'D BRUSH THE SUMMER BY
~Emily Bronte

If you were coming in the fall,
I'd brush the summer by
With half a smile and half a spurn,
As housewives do a fly.

If I could see you in a year,
I'd wind the months in balls,
And put them each in separate drawers,
Until their time befalls.

If only centuries delayed,
I'd count them on my hand,
Subtracting till my fingers dropped
Into Van Diemens land.

If certain, when this life was out,
That yours and mine should be,
I'd toss it yonder like a rind,
And taste eternity.

But now, all ignorant of the length
Of time's uncertain wing,
It goads me, like the goblin bee,
That will not state its sting.

eeh oop. I'm right 'appy you still find sooch interest in yer wanderin's as so yew've noted over the years 'ere. It's sooch a colorful. . . or colourful interest, eee, by goom, lass. Inspirin' ye might say. So pack oop a lunch, grab yer bike and drawin' tablet. There's no doubt some folks of yore(kshire) flattered by tha attention an' loovin' tha diversion of a lassie an' 'er companion Spirit an' what's 'is name, the significant other chap wif that there Stay Poof Marshmallow Man from Ghostboosters 'as 'is family crest. Seems oot of all them there spirits galavantin' aboot Yorkshire, 'tis tha Art Spirit what wins the day, oh aye.

Ahem. . . had something in my throat. Yeah, I am rather surprised that in England there's still places where one could get lost in the brambles and come upon a creepy old abandoned mansion. What an adventure!

Well, thanks for the look in. And I have to say I love the style of your paintings there as well--the technique of your vases of flowers and the dog, Michael Jackson (that grouping) is really quite a fine vision with lots of lovely color yet favoring shape and design, demonstrating a light touch within a slightly preferred range of values. -- In my mind, it's analogous to a girl in a meadow singing rhyming couplets about flowers and clear skies.

Whatever it is that has you going, please keep at it. Eeaarr now, yew go Jules, lass!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool:: cool::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jules
08-21-2016, 06:59 AM
As one does when following link to link to God knows where, I stumbled upon this poem that could have been the favorite of some ghostly spirits wandering across the moors. . . or in one of your time forgotten mansions. A poem of ever-longing. Can't you just hear this coming from within the old stones. . .

IF YOU WERE COMING IN THE FALL, I'D BRUSH THE SUMMER BY
~Emily Bronte

If you were coming in the fall,
I'd brush the summer by
With half a smile and half a spurn,
As housewives do a fly.

If I could see you in a year,
I'd wind the months in balls,
And put them each in separate drawers,
Until their time befalls.

If only centuries delayed,
I'd count them on my hand,
Subtracting till my fingers dropped
Into Van Diemens land.

If certain, when this life was out,
That yours and mine should be,
I'd toss it yonder like a rind,
And taste eternity.

But now, all ignorant of the length
Of time's uncertain wing,
It goads me, like the goblin bee,
That will not state its sting.

eeh oop. I'm right 'appy you still find sooch interest in yer wanderin's as so yew've noted over the years 'ere. It's sooch a colorful. . . or colourful interest, eee, by goom, lass. Inspirin' ye might say. So pack oop a lunch, grab yer bike and drawin' tablet. There's no doubt some folks of yore(kshire) flattered by tha attention an' loovin' tha diversion of a lassie an' 'er companion Spirit an' what's 'is name, the significant other chap wif that there Stay Poof Marshmallow Man from Ghostboosters 'as 'is family crest. Seems oot of all them there spirits galavantin' aboot Yorkshire, 'tis tha Art Spirit what wins the day, oh aye.

Ahem. . . had something in my throat. Yeah, I am rather surprised that in England there's still places where one could get lost in the brambles and come upon a creepy old abandoned mansion. What an adventure!

Well, thanks for the look in. And I have to say I love the style of your paintings there as well--the technique of your vases of flowers and the dog, Michael Jackson (that grouping) is really quite a fine vision with lots of lovely color yet favoring shape and design, demonstrating a light touch within a slightly preferred range of values. -- In my mind, it's analogous to a girl in a meadow singing rhyming couplets about flowers and clear skies.

Whatever it is that has you going, please keep at it. Eeaarr now, yew go Jules, lass!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool:: cool::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LOVE IT LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! My dear Mr D Akey, you always amaze me with your words, you are such an inspiration X