PDA

View Full Version : Weird hiccups and "freezing" in AR4

tomatogoatee
08-16-2016, 02:18 AM
I really have no idea what to search for in regards to this issue, so I apologize ahead of time if it's been answered already.

First, the setup. My OS is Windows 10. I'm using a Cintiq 13HD (not touch) in a multi-monitor configuration. (I'm also using Display Fusion, but the problem happens even with DF disabled.)

When I'm drawing, I usually have a web browser or picture viewer up on my second display with reference images. When I alt+tab from AR to the other window then alt+tab back, AR seems to ignore inputs from the stylus in certain ways. I can draw, but if I try to hide/show a layer, it doesn't register. But if I alt+tab away and back, all taps made to the hide/show button happen immediately. Almost like it's buffering inputs. This will also happen sometimes when I never alt+tab away from AR, but it's far less common than what I mentioned.

Is this an issue with AR, my tablet, or is this some Windows 10 issue that might have a workaround?

HannahRage
08-16-2016, 11:41 AM
I see you've already found this thread https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?51002-Proper-Configuration-of-Cintiq-Companion-2 so that's probably answered your question, but the first thing to check is always to toggle between Real Time Stylus and Wintab (in Edit > ArtRage Preferences) in case you have a glitchy driver set up.