PDA

View Full Version : Down by the Duckpond

jacktar51
08-03-2016, 03:11 AM
Olde England, about two hundred years ago, Hope you like OLD pictures.......Jack.

D Akey
08-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Very fun. Love the massive toadstool. Gives the town a sort of Mother Goose fantasy feel. But calling it "The Goose Pond" would present a different feel, so to speak. So "The Duck Pond" is probably less ribald.

I see the ducks in the way back flying, but I'll wait for the ducks to land and swim about waiting for a crust of bread and whatnot. But I'm expecting a story, as if this were the establishing shot to set the stage for it to play out. Nice clean job, Jack.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

jacktar51
08-07-2016, 04:37 AM
Hello D, nice to see your name come up, yes I realised that I hadn't put any ducks in the pond or even around it, so they must have gone off to brood or breed or whatever ducks do when they go missing from their pond.... The giant toadstools used be made of stone and the gentry would put their saddles on them so they didn't have to put them down on wet or muddy ground after horse riding or foxhunting... Not many around these days, consigned to history now but still to be seen around old manor houses and larger old farmhouses, perhaps was an English thing????...Thanks for looking in D and for replying.....Jack.

damasocl
08-08-2016, 07:34 AM
Admiro mucho tu técnica, tus texturas, ... y tu paciencia para lograr estas maravillas...!

I admire your technique, your textures ... and patience to achieve these marvels ...!

Marilyn Anne
08-12-2016, 07:41 AM
You always capture such a feel for these villages,