PDA

View Full Version : Gamla Stan2

pat1940
07-25-2016, 05:41 AM
Another Gamla Stan, had to import the bottom sign as I could not make it out when painting it, quite a challenge on the eyes lol

D Akey
07-25-2016, 06:05 AM
Hey, the blurry signage works for me very nicely and rather fits with the style and palette with those values. The difficulty for me reading any of it is that I don't speak that language so you could be using hieroglyphics to get the same tourist effect from me.

Lovely. I feel like I've been walking and would like to stop for a coffee and to watch the passers by. I'm on vacation with this one. Remember that book "Europe on $6 Dollars a Day"? You beat their price! You should advertise Pat's Travel Agency. Meals not included.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
07-25-2016, 09:30 PM
You certainly found a mine of pleasant old building architectures in that place.
Only the nordic font and language would suggest it's a Scandinavian place, so marvellously warm You rendered the scene!
Alas we cannot hear the sounds of what the signs say, otherwise I guess we would appreciate fast and short words with various types of pops and guttural emissions which sometimes seem to recall some language we know ... LOL:o;)

danny72
07-27-2016, 11:54 PM
This one is even better.. I know this place well,I have been there a few times. . The prices are crazy there, but it's worth it ,because of the beauty of the place and surrounding.. Again, very well done!!! :-)

pat1940
07-28-2016, 03:54 AM
Thank you DAkey, Caesar and Danny for your kind comments, always appreciated

danny72
08-07-2016, 03:14 AM
90437 Been there today... :-)

danny72
08-07-2016, 04:21 AM
Text on the sign= Bakad potatis ...Hemgjord skagenröra. ...hemgjorda pajer med (with)sallad Hemgjord means "Home made"...skagenröra is a mix of mayonnaise, prawns and dill... pajer =pie potatis=potato :-)

Marilyn Anne
08-12-2016, 07:45 AM
As always, charming,lovely and well painted!