PDA

View Full Version : Import reference image in AR Lite?

eHaraldo
07-18-2016, 08:30 AM
I’m about to purchase latest Wacom Intuos Draw tablet that includes ArtRage Lite. Before I do, I need to make sure that Lite allows me to import “tracing images” as layers so I can draw over them (for maps). Can anyone confirm that AR Lite gives me this function?

ALSO: can I upgrade to full AR version if I like Lite but want more?

Thanks for help!

HannahRage
07-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Yes, and yes! Tracing + references are a fundamental part of ArtRage so will be in every edition. And you can definitely upgrade at any point.

You can see a full list of Lite's features here if you need to check anything else: https://www.artrage.com/artrage-lite/features/

eHaraldo
07-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Yes, and yes! Tracing + references are a fundamental part of ArtRage so will be in every edition. And you can definitely upgrade at any point. You can see a full list of Lite's features here if you need to check anything else: https://www.artrage.com/artrage-lite/features/

Excellent! And thanks for quick reply.

One more for you about this before I purchase: It looks like LITE only exports to JPG and not GIF, is that correct? But FULL AR does export to GIF, right? And if so, how many levels of GIF will it support: x256?

Thanks again!

HannahRage
07-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Yes, ArtRage 4 exports to .gif. It will export at 255 levels (the standard maximum value), but doesn't support transparency (note: .gif format is not a good format for any image that hasn't first been processed by a pixel editor. It's just not designed to convert nicely, so we don't really recommend using it for most purposes).

eHaraldo
07-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Yes, ArtRage 4 exports to .gif. It will export at 255 levels (the standard maximum value), but doesn't support transparency (note: .gif format is not a good format for any image that hasn't first been processed by a pixel editor. It's just not designed to convert nicely, so we don't really recommend using it for most purposes).

We can agree to disagree on the value of GIF format, but I do want to confirm that AR LITE only exports to JPG, correct?

Thanks!

HannahRage
07-18-2016, 01:10 PM
That's correct!

eHaraldo
07-18-2016, 02:58 PM
That's correct!

Bingo! I'm set (and excited!)

Thanks very much for your help.

H