PDA

View Full Version : Sepia to Color

pat1940
07-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Ref in sepia, could not make out a lot on left side

eighty+
07-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Hi Pat yes You've Made a good job of it but I would like have seen you do it in Sepia ok

i must admit You do get some great Pic; to copy from if you get some odd ones that U

Don't fancy Copying U can always Bung them My way Ok CIAO HASTA LA Vista ...

IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE + POZDRAWSKI D:D:D:D:D

and Pat Don't get upset at anything I may say as I'm a Supporter of you're Painting OK

pat1940
07-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Dear eighty, you could never upset me, I value your opinion always and always appreciate you looking in, if I come across something I think you would love to paint I will send it on, Ill be looking out for you ok

eighty+
07-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Thanks Pat I thought U would understand as I prefer Crit to Plaudits As it gaves U a third

Eye to things U don't See Your self as if they say it look like Shit ( scuse) it make U

Look again at something U thought was Great :D:D:D:D:D thats Why I like Caesar's

Work I don't Know how he Does it but it the Little touches he put in that lifts it from a

Mundane work to make it worth looking at and Capt'n Mac well he kept me going

When I only done Bus Sketches But of late He hasn't been as Crit as I would Like

as Its Crit that makes U improve ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE POZDRAWSKI :D:D:D

Enug
07-04-2016, 05:54 PM
That was quite a challenge Pat and I agree with Mr.Ploos about trying it in sepia. BTW the dog is a nice touch. :)

Albert
07-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Wonderful..................:cool:

pat1940
07-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Thank you so much , June and Albert appreciate your kind comments

Caesar
07-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Monochrome paintings do have their charme indeed. masses and volumes and lights are in evidence often better than when rich colors are on place.
In the past many or most masterpieces started that way and there's still today a case for the method called, from French, grisaille, i.e. to put color of the right tonal level on the monochome base. Similarly, during renaissance they used a base painted as a monochrome with the so called verdaccio, a dull green.
You didn't really follow that procedure I guess, anyway You got a fine result, although You sensibly departed from expressing exactly the same "content, feelings and mood" than the monochrome ....but that's just natural.

pat1940
07-08-2016, 06:06 AM
Thanks Caesar for checking it out, always appreciate your comments