PDA

View Full Version : Tree on the River

pat1940
06-28-2016, 05:38 AM
Tree trunk done with loaded knife

gxhpainter2
06-29-2016, 05:01 AM
Hi Pat,

I like the craggy bark like texture, colors and light and darks you did in the tree trunk...:):)

Enug
06-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Yes, lovely work on the bark. I find trees quite a challenge and I'm always looking for a better way to give the impression of bark. You have achieved it here. :)

D Akey
07-01-2016, 06:10 AM
Nice painting!

Has a sort of pointillist/impressionist/hudson valley vibe. It's like a conversation in Paris among artists around the turn of the century (very early 1900s). It's a very interesting mix of styles throughout the picture. The intriguing thing is that each bit works in its own placement.

I love that tree trunk and root area. Very rich. I love how you shaped/sculpted it. Very dynamic and interesting.

The leaves of that primary tree is pointillist in that it's not too concerned seemingly with creating volume (unlike the trunk which does). It seems to be more interested with flat pattern representation of the idea of a tree.

And all the rest has a very impressionistic feel where you kinda went free with your brush and colors to capture an environment. The impressionists keyed in on capturing transitory light so they painted fast -- at the beginning. But for my money, they also evolved into some really interesting ways to define objects and to separate them out with color and strokes that became an end in itself.

So anyway, there you are. It's like a tasting menu at an artist's hang out in Paris. Bon Appétit, Pat!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
07-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments