PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ridge Mountains NC

pat1940
06-25-2016, 09:21 AM
Did another Blue Ridge, hope you like it

eighty+
06-25-2016, 11:35 AM
YES............................................... ............YES PAT ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE.............. and POZDRAWSKI as WELL :(

Enug
06-25-2016, 05:40 PM
I love the way you mix and apply colours Pat.

D Akey
06-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Oh wow! This feels like a visual representation of a sound or peal carrying over the land. There's a tonal quality to such sounds, and if I were doing a movie about nature the superimposed sound would be the cry of an indigenous, majestic bird, or a shamanic flute. I love the colors and your use of the saturation, as well as the horizontal striations as a featured component of this painting.

One of my flights of fancy for this one is that there is a mirroring of solidity between the earth and sky, as if one was picking up subtleties and characteristics that many would not normally associate with the elements. It seems to feature a comparison between the elements, perhaps pushing thoughts toward a unification or sorts. That's the implication for me on this. Like looking at a cross cut and polished stone that infers a landscape.

Very rich and inviting. The subject holds strong even with all that interpretive activity that is going on inside my head as I view this. It feels very like a poem to me owing to the rhythmic character I'm getting here.

Go Pat!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
06-25-2016, 08:51 PM
I had to enlarge the picture just to more fully enjoy it. Lovely colors! Lovely scene! I have spent a lot of time in the Blue Ridge and enjoyed many rides on the Parkway.

gxhpainter2
06-26-2016, 05:25 AM
Wow Pat from somewhere this marvelous painting sprang into existence, all your hard work has paid off in this work. the colors and
brushwork are very lyrical and moving as our friend D Akey has so well expressed.... really a stunning work Pat ! :):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
06-27-2016, 07:13 AM
Thank you all so much for such wonderful comments, you all give me the confidence in myself to keep painting as it is something I love to do enjoy all our conversations with my AR friends

Caesar
06-28-2016, 12:27 AM
An extraordinary play of cold hues and warm lighting. APPLAUSE!

pat1940
06-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Thank you so much dear Caesar for all your kind words, so very glad you like it