PDA

View Full Version : A weird urban fantasy

Caesar
06-23-2016, 02:42 AM
Just to make an experiment with certain colors and some Artrage tools, but eventually vaguely reminding, curiously, of metaphysycal paintings and of pre-WWII architectural style ...
Maybe also the best way to solve Rome traffic. LOL:o;)

gxhpainter2
06-23-2016, 03:47 AM
what a balanced composition!... an interesting and colorful image Caesar, the man on the wire has no balance pole! so he must have an exquisite sense of balance and determination to move from one life into another one!..

so great to have your work posted again my friend!..

pat1940
06-23-2016, 03:54 AM
Dear Caesar, how we have missed your posts, really like this one and I think that is you on the wire, great balance and colors

Robin Slee
06-23-2016, 10:52 AM
Great image. Well balanced (no pun intended!) Lovely colours and the very meaningful message. I enjoyed this one, so thanks for sharing ;-)

Caesar
06-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Dear Gary, the essential is possibly the aim of this painting where I concentrated some of the Roman colors in a sunny day. They're even more bright somehow and the various white, ochre, yellow, sienna etc. of the buildings and architectural elements stand out of against the sky.
The painting was so simple and trivial, almost mechanical, by using the replicating and tranforming features to speed up the execution and give the sense of order and non-organic elements that I needed a figure and a story to populate these few volumes.
Balance and imagination are the means for carrying out our existence in a profitable way, even in an environment which looks lonely and careless of us, a sensation we may all feel in cerain periods of our life. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Pat. Unconsciously it probably represent what I often used to do by painting. Look for surprises and original ideas and stories while using the necessary knowledge and techniques (the least of them) to put them in a decent and, as far as possible, enjoyable painting.

Dear Robin Slee, first of all welcome in here! Actually we don not have any safety net in our life and sometimes not even a pole to help us across some difficulties I'm afraid, but still we have to try a change, a crossing and have enough faith and self-confidence to change our perspective. I don't want to play neither the phylosopher nor the wiseman, just state the importance of being alive and exploit this gift. This kind of of painting and style is just a completely new approach compared to my other and different periods and outcomes, so I cannot decide how interesting this path may be, where this new rope would possibly end up.
Thank You!

AndreaMG
06-24-2016, 12:39 AM
What a beautiful piece, I see in it a brilliant mix between the beautiful Rome earth colors and the severe EUR architecture. Good job and congrats for the balance too! :cool: Alè Italia :cool::cool:

Caesar
06-24-2016, 12:56 AM
Thank you, dear Andrea and very much pleased to see You in here again!
It's quite sometime I don't post anything.
I guess You're going on better and better with Your marvellous paintings, probably somewhere else or on real canvases and other support types ....
Actually the colors and the architectural style in here is exatly that thus certainly inspired by the various daily Roman scenes.
What I tried to fix is a sort of minimalist post-De Chirico kind of painting expressing moments of solitude even in the most chaotic environment of a big town as well as the sense of what existed and would go on lasting over and over after You, careless of Your mundane transit, with just the same colors, function and splendour. Nonetheless we must play well our role, exploit our fantasy, keep being surprised and surprising and have fun, as much and long as we can.

eighty+
06-24-2016, 01:58 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Weird was the Name of the Game I think Your team were Copying England playing Not to score goals yes W(eir)d

I've taken A copy Of the 1st of the Photos Andy Sent you as in my Saner moments I might Give it a go OK

CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si Si SLAINTE IVAYA CON DIOS .........................POZ-DRAW-SKI

Caesar
06-24-2016, 02:18 AM
Right! While You looked for having fun with beers being sure to get through and we looked for glasses of wine after we qualified first too soon. Hopefully it's not a Braziolian world championship repetition for either team!
Our second-tier players were possibly still lazily strolling around for shopping and finding a picnic-party and then they discovered someone organised a match of rugby on a potatoes field .... and we're not good at all with rugby, even less with matches where there's nothing at stake (no entertainment and tiki-taka dance soccer in our mind).
Fortunately we've got Spain next to resume excitement and, in case, quite a few of the most formidable opponents to follow to keep us awoken in case .....
Looking forward Your Roman masterpiece then!

AndreaMG
06-24-2016, 04:54 AM
Thank you, dear Andrea and very much pleased to see You in here again!
It's quite sometime I don't post anything.
I guess You're going on better and better with Your marvellous paintings, probably somewhere else or on real canvases and other support types ....
Actually the colors and the architectural style in here is exatly that thus certainly inspired by the various daily Roman scenes.
What I tried to fix is a sort of minimalist post-De Chirico kind of painting expressing moments of solitude even in the most chaotic environment of a big town as well as the sense of what existed and would go on lasting over and over after You, careless of Your mundane transit, with just the same colors, function and splendour. Nonetheless we must play well our role, exploit our fantasy, keep being surprised and surprising and have fun, as much and long as we can.

Yes that's our sparkle in the big universe, I the next months I will begin a series of studies in digital using a more classic approach, CIAO carissimo :o

damasocl
06-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Estimado Caesar:

Realmente, este trabajo tuyo refleja bastante trabajo (algo común por lo demás en tus obras), pero en un estilo que yo no conocía de tu mano...

In realtà, questo lavoro di tuo riflette un sacco di lavoro (qualcosa di comune altro nei tuoi lavori), ma in uno stile che non sapevo della tua mano ...

D Akey
06-24-2016, 07:47 PM
That catwalk is going back before the second world war, the first, or any war back to the city states with their tower dwellings of the middle ages. They were all connected high above street level so as to not be molested by the poor and the riff raff. My understanding was they had slightly less acrobatic bridges.

Nice picture, Caesar. Would make an apt political cartoon during these s shaky times.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

kenmo
06-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Cool image...

Caesar
06-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Grazie, caro Damaso, ma con gli strumenti di ArtRage fu facile da realizzare con precisione!
Thank you, dear Damaso, but with ArtRage tools it was eay to execute with precision!

Right, dear DAkey, even the Brexit issue is a bitter message, of old people deciding against young people, and it seems to "catwalk" in a quite risky way for UK, Europe and, to some extent the rest of the world. Actually implications are far wider than economical or financial, it's somehow ideological too, progressive middleclass and social duynamics destruction, globalised greed/ interests of few, a blind multipolar scenario all are leading to fear, to shortsighted, vulgar and uncultured nationalisms, to clash of systems and civilizations, to increasing religious intorelance and integralism of certain creeds, to expanding criminal organizations based either on money or salafism spin-offs ruling on stateless areas, to international dealing by muscles and violence. We see anyone giving powerful hammer strokes to the pillars of civilization, peace and hope for a happier future of mankind.
Thank You

Glad You like it, dear Kenmo. It's a pseudo 3-D painting somehow ... LOL;):o thank You!