PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine - (my first painting, be gentle)

Puckzzz
06-16-2016, 05:45 AM
Soooo this is my first post here. :D
And my first ever digital painting. I had never touched a sketchpad before until I bought a Wacom sketchpad, and Artrage was included as the software. I immediatley upgraded to AR4 and the journey began.
I wanted to do a painting for my garden. We have what I call lovingly our 'Hippie Shack'. It is our lounge area with a straw roof, delightful hanging chairs and a fireplace for the colder evenings.
It was missing some art on the walls so I decided to have a go at it myself. So, here it is.
Happy Sunshine, Dream catcher, Buddha all in one.

gxhpainter2
06-16-2016, 06:12 AM
Welcome Puckzzz, this is a pretty spectacular work and even more amazing since it is your first digital effort... I love it you
should definitely print is and put it in your Hippie Shack it will bring good vibes and smiles to everyone who sees it! :):):)

pat1940
06-16-2016, 08:49 AM
Wow totally agree with Gary(gxhpainter) you should be very proud to hang that in your comfy shack, welcome to the forum, hope you have more for us

danny72
06-16-2016, 04:29 PM
Soooo this is my first post here. :D
And my first ever digital painting. I had never touched a sketchpad before until I bought a Wacom sketchpad, and Artrage was included as the software. I immediatley upgraded to AR4 and the journey began.
I wanted to do a painting for my garden. We have what I call lovingly our 'Hippie Shack'. It is our lounge area with a straw roof, delightful hanging chairs and a fireplace for the colder evenings.
It was missing some art on the walls so I decided to have a go at it myself. So, here it is.
Happy Sunshine, Dream catcher, Buddha all in one.
90012 hartstikke mooi gemaakt! Goed gedaan. Niet gek voor je eerste keer :-) Well done.!!

Caesar
06-16-2016, 06:58 PM
A warm and luminous welcome (also considering the subject of Your composition).
I wish You enjoy and have fun with Your artistic talents and ArtRage.
I would agree with Danny welcome, if only I could fully understand it. LOL:o;) Just kidding. With some google translator a bit of German and some English I guess we may cope pretty well with Dutch or Flemish as well ...:D

hildee
06-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Fab painting, Puckzzz!! *applause* (we need a clapping icon...)

I would agree with Danny welcome, if only I could fully understand it. LOL

Lol he said "amazingly beautifully made! Well done. Not bad for your first time" :D Actually, "hartstikke" is a little hard to translate from the Dutch. I often say "hartstikke lekker" when I'm enjoying food :D...so "amazingly" may not quite translate but it's close.

Puckzzz
06-17-2016, 02:34 AM
What a great welcome! Thnx all! And thank you for the great comments.

I have ordered a print, can't wait for it to be delivered.

En bedankt aan de 'Dutchies' wat leuk dat er ook Nederlanders hier zijn :)

kenmo
06-17-2016, 05:08 AM
Love the design and vivid colors....

danny72
06-17-2016, 05:46 AM
What a great welcome! Thnx all! And thank you for the great comments.

I have ordered a print, can't wait for it to be delivered.

En bedankt aan de 'Dutchies' wat leuk dat er ook Nederlanders hier zijn :) Ik ben niet echt uit Nederland vandaan. Wel geboren(Den Helder), maar woon al heeeeel lang in Zweden :-)

D Akey
06-20-2016, 10:33 AM
How could one be anything but gentle in the face of this peaceful painting. The selection of elements is very serene and beautiful. It speaks of ideals. The color saturation implies a vivid richness that goes deeper than the superficial. I also feel this is like a romantic poem, a visual poem, in which the items are metaphors in perfected and refined states, perhaps even metaphors of the divine essence within everything, as the Buddha was supposed to have attained that level of understanding. And just as an asides, this Buddha appears to be female. So I'm thinking it's something of a self-portrait in spirit.

On top of all the references and associations I personally make with this, as a painting it's gorgeous.

So Brava! A profound work.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

hildee
06-20-2016, 01:13 PM
En bedankt aan de 'Dutchies' wat leuk dat er ook Nederlanders hier zijn :)

Ook heel leuk je te ontmoeten! Geboren in Wolvega, immigreerde naar Australie 1957 :)

Puckzzz
06-22-2016, 06:20 AM
How could one be anything but gentle in the face of this peaceful painting. The selection of elements is very serene and beautiful. It speaks of ideals. The color saturation implies a vivid richness that goes deeper than the superficial. I also feel this is like a romantic poem, a visual poem, in which the items are metaphors in perfected and refined states, perhaps even metaphors of the divine essence within everything, as the Buddha was supposed to have attained that level of understanding. And just as an asides, this Buddha appears to be female. So I'm thinking it's something of a self-portrait in spirit.

On top of all the references and associations I personally make with this, as a painting it's gorgeous.

So Brava! A profound work.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Wauw...you're making me blush! Thank you for that lovely comment. :o