PDA

View Full Version : Changing Paper/Canvas Type in the iPad

Rickwaugh
06-13-2016, 05:07 PM
I have the latest version of ArtRage on my iPad. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the paper, or the attributes. I cannot find a menu bar, I cannot find in the preferences anything that will allow me to change it. I'm obviously missing something, and I'm a complete noob.

HannahRage
06-13-2016, 06:30 PM
You can change the background settings in:

a) the New Canvas settings when you create a new painting from the menu
b) the Canvas Settings (basically the same screen, but opened from your current painting - open the Layers menu, then the cog at the top for the menu for all layers, then go to Canvas Settings).

You're looking for these things:

Open the menu for a new painting from here:

Open the Layers menu to change the current painting from here:

(note, the screenshots above are from the 'Help Files' pages, which you can find via the main menu).

And then open the menu to find 'Canvas Settings' from here:

You'll then end up on this page. Tap the current colors/textures/the arrows next to them to browse options. The large image up the top is the preview, everything below it is canvas settings.

grayflo
06-13-2016, 09:12 PM
Hannah, is it possible, or are you all planning to incorporate a method for having individual layer textures on the iPad version?
Or for selecting a shape on a layer and having it filled with a texture?

HannahRage
06-14-2016, 02:45 PM
Hannah, is it possible, or are you all planning to incorporate a method for having individual layer textures on the iPad version?
Or for selecting a shape on a layer and having it filled with a texture?

Sorry, but no, these aren't likely to happen.

Rickwaugh
06-14-2016, 05:25 PM
Thanks kindly. And how I managed to miss that is totally beyond me.

grayflo
06-18-2016, 07:05 AM
Thanks for your reply Hannah. No worries. ArtRage is a pretty awesome program in the iPad, and I do have it on the laptop if I need to use what he iPad doesn't have.