PDA

View Full Version : Red Barn

pat1940
06-03-2016, 05:48 AM
Done in oil, car is photo insert

D Akey
06-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Looks great Pat! Even looks like you're storing one of Kenmo's cars.

Please also check out Gary's thread since you made reference:

https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?51189-the-Red-Door

:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c onfused::confused::confused::confused::confused::c ool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
06-05-2016, 03:55 AM
nice work and Mr D Akey certainly had fun with this and my work...didn't he :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::):):):):):):):cool: :cool:

Stephen Lo Piano
06-05-2016, 07:59 AM
This actually looks like a real oil painting done in natural media, at first glance that is exactly what I thought.

I remember many years ago creating artwork that way, no computers back in the 1960's, 1970's, and 1980's. All my career training in commercial and illustrating art with everything done using natural media tools, transparent overlay sheets instead of digital canvas layers, rub on lettering graphics instead of fonts in a program to select.

Your idea of importing a photo on a layer here for the car was done much more expensively before the digital age for the same type of visual effect you have here. Back then you could create a collage that would look really awful compared to what you have here displayed (basically glue a cut out photo of the car on the canvas, awful looking).
Your digital image done back then to get the same effects would involve transparent overlay sheets, a rather time consuming process. Your finished product would have to be done using a camera and film process with one layer as your canvas and on top of that an overlay type of mylar sheet with the photo of the car expertly cut out with an exacto knife and pasted in place precisely on the overlay mylar sheet positioned to blend into the canvas layer. This would also involve some expertise in photography to avoid glare back from the photo flash in the image, especially a canvas with oil that has some extensive light glare. This would take a lot of patience, time, and expertise. Anybody using this type of technique instead of what you did here with Art Rage in the year 2016 would be loosing a lot of money on labor and overhead production costs, that is to say you were doing this as a commercial profit making business. Oh my, how things have changed since then.

Marilyn Anne
06-05-2016, 09:26 AM
What an interesting thing to do. My great grandmother had a model T in her old barn of a garage. My sister and I loved to sit in it and honk the squeeze horn that sounded like " uga uga"!

Caesar
06-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Ready to leave to Canada once again, dear Pat? You got a nice vintage car in Your barn!

pat1940
06-07-2016, 07:35 AM
Thank you all so much for your kind comments, always appreciated, and Stephen thanks for all that very interesting information, have checked out your website, great work and such a fantastic job you did with your site