PDA

View Full Version : the Red Door

gxhpainter2
06-02-2016, 07:10 AM
what IS behind the Red Door? back to my linear abstract expressionism.. please enjoy this beautiful day!...

pat1940
06-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Gary, this is so funny, I am just finishing a painting I named The Red Barn lol, this is another wonderful painting of yours, I am just in awe of all your art pieces, all are fit to hang on a wall, great job

gxhpainter2
06-03-2016, 05:37 AM
Gary, this is so funny, I am just finishing a painting I named The Red Barn lol, this is another wonderful painting of yours, I am just in awe of all your art pieces, all are fit to hang on a wall, great job thanks Pat I guess we just had Red on the mind, and great minds think alike right!? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::cool::c ool:

D Akey
06-03-2016, 08:54 AM
So why wonder. From the land of Ken Kesey and the Magic Bus. . .
Presenting:

Pat and Gary's Magic Barn!

Check the link for the vague cultural reference:
http://www.glastonburyorderofdruids.com/i/bus2.jpg

Say, the Ploos Boos could do with a touch up. . .

And if any offense is taken. . . I blame it all on flashbacks. . .

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::o:o:o:o:o:cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
06-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Never any offence taken DAkey, I am still laughing and I know Gary will get a kick out of this as I did

D Akey
06-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Never any offence taken DAkey, I am still laughing and I know Gary will get a kick out of this as I did

I think our Gary has taken off with the Merry Pranksters. He was last seen swinging from a lamp post. Trust he's having a good time. :rolleyes:

gxhpainter2
06-05-2016, 03:50 AM
I think our Gary has taken off with the Merry Pranksters. He was last seen swinging from a lamp post. Trust he's having a good time. :rolleyes:HA!! yep I was abducted by the Merry Pranksters and on a road trip to harvest some special mushrooms :rolleyes::rolleyes: etc near Eugene, Ken's old haunts..... I just had to grin at your clever mix of Pat's work and this one!... you are in rare form my friend!.... excellent..:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):cool::cool ::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
06-05-2016, 09:32 AM
The painting is great Gary but when I think of a red door I think of Elizabeth Arden's salon in NYC where every floor of the building is dedicated to a different kind of pampering! Yes, I did get to go one time as a single gal in NYC. So I will look at your painting and think of that!

gxhpainter2
06-06-2016, 05:07 AM
The painting is great Gary but when I think of a red door I think of Elizabeth Arden's salon in NYC where every floor of the building is dedicated to a different kind of pampering! Yes, I did get to go one time as a single gal in NYC. So I will look at your painting and think of that!good story Marilyn Anne, sounds like that was quite the adventure for you!... :):):):) glad you like the little diversion that D Akey played on us!.. I sure did :):):):)

Caesar
06-06-2016, 08:00 PM
what IS behind the Red Door? back to my linear abstract expressionism.. please enjoy this beautiful day!...

A petrol pump of a service station?
Ready for a long motorbike ride or driving far away in the wild in such a wonderful day?
Curiously the linear structure desn't affect expressionism and freedom here. You don't have real constraints, just reference canons.