PDA

View Full Version : Is ArtRage 4 Portable (can I instal to a flash drive and run it from there)?

Someonesane
05-26-2016, 10:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project at work that's non-art related, but requires some specific clip art that I think I can provide for them. I just wanted to know if ArtRage 4 was portable, via a flash drive, so I can bring it there without having to install it on one their machines? Can I install it, or copy/move the currently installed version on my computer now, over to a flash/thumb drive and then safely run the program from that drive at my workplace?

Thanks for any help!

HannahRage
05-26-2016, 11:48 PM
Absolutely! Just make sure you grab the > Ambient Design > ArtRage 4 folder.

You'll need to enter your serial on the new computer, but you can easily run ArtRage from a flash drive, or just copy the entire folder onto a new computer (though if you do that, Windows won't always recognise that you've installed it, so it won't suggest it as an option when you go to open files from elsewhere. It will work just fine though).

(Long ago, before I used to work for ArtRage, I used to take my copy into the library I worked at and doodle around while on desk >.> )

Someonesane
05-26-2016, 11:49 PM
Okay, great. Thanks Hannah!

MattRage
05-27-2016, 09:56 AM
One important note - You can definitely port the folder around like that but because we don't do any online or DRM type security stuff the serial number is installed to the local machine when you unlock it. When you leave your serial number will be left on that machine.

You can remove it manually after you finish. Just search the registry for your serial number minus the dashes (eg. 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345 becomes 1234512345123451234512345) and remove the keys related to that.

Someonesane
05-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Okay, thanks Matt. I'll have to see if I can figure out how, or if it will allow me, to find it and remove it.