PDA

View Full Version : How to 'hide' the tools when live painting for entertainment?

AveryDmontreal
05-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Hello,
I'm pretty new to the iPad Pro and ArtRage.

I was wondering if someone could help me with this question:
Is there a feature where I can sort of hide the tools in the app, when I need to connect the iPad to a projector, for example, and to do some live painting for entertainment at a show? I would like to be able to see the tools myself , but have them hidden when the image is being projected on the external screen.

I hope I'm being clear in describing my question.. :)

It's different from a making a tutorial because I don't want to play a pre-recorded video, but rather be able to see my tools on the iPad while I paint live, but not have the tools show on the projected screen. Is this at all possible? Thanks for any advice!

Avery

HannahRage
05-24-2016, 04:53 PM
I'm afraid that's not possible - you can only display what's on the screen, so if the tools are visible to you, they'll show up on the projection.

The only thing I can think of is if you can define the screen space that the public display uses, so it only shows the canvas area (if you zoom out a bit, you'll get some extra space around the canvas). You'll still get the occasional menu flying out, but it would let you get the tool bars off.

AveryDmontreal
05-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Hi Hannah,

Ok thanks for replying to my question, good to know!

thanks,
Avery

I'm afraid that's not possible - you can only display what's on the screen, so if the tools are visible to you, they'll show up on the projection.

The only thing I can think of is if you can define the screen space that the public display uses, so it only shows the canvas area (if you zoom out a bit, you'll get some extra space around the canvas). You'll still get the occasional menu flying out, but it would let you get the tool bars off.

DJM
05-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Hello,
I'm pretty new to the iPad Pro and ArtRage.

I was wondering if someone could help me with this question:
Is there a feature where I can sort of hide the tools in the app, when I need to connect the iPad to a projector, for example, and to do some live painting for entertainment at a show? I would like to be able to see the tools myself , but have them hidden when the image is being projected on the external screen.

I hope I'm being clear in describing my question.. :)

It's different from a making a tutorial because I don't want to play a pre-recorded video, but rather be able to see my tools on the iPad while I paint live, but not have the tools show on the projected screen. Is this at all possible? Thanks for any advice!

Avery

My wife has an iPad,I do not. The pad is iOS, my lap top is OS X,I am not tech savvy,they are a different set up,but, when I hook up my external monitor using a usb connection, I wood go to preference and designate my monitor position in ref to my lap top. I then have to drag from lap to monitor the canvas I work on. There was no tools visible.I would need to move my cursor back and forth to make any tool changes,never thought of using short cuts. This may help/or not :>)