PDA

View Full Version : A bit of pulp

TheEarnestBunbury
05-20-2016, 01:46 AM
Well, I guess I should make my first post here a picture. I'm sorry to say that I can't draw for toffee (or at lease without a ruler and set square, which I've not touched for many, many years), so when I need to make an image, I cheat a bit. I've been using Poser for a number of years, though I've never been intersted in photorealism. While playing around with the idea of imitating the style of old pulpy mass market paperbacks, I thought I would give ArtRage a try and have been fairly pleased with the results. There are two combined renders that made this. The first is a brawl, which was rendered out as line art, and the second a simple figure in a dress. The later had a cutout filter applied and layered so as to block out some of the colours, then I took it into ArtRage as a tracing layer and turned it into paint. A background gradient was painted next and then the two layers were merged and attacked with the palette knife. Some detail and colour was added with a paintbrush here and there before being further blended with the knife. Then back into PSE8 for the brawl to be added, along with the text, and book damage.89826

eighty+
05-20-2016, 02:17 AM
Very good but way Beyound Skill and Knowledge OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE.....................POZDRAWSKI

Caesar
05-20-2016, 02:42 AM
You got a fantastic, most interesting outcome and made centre on Your scope! It does give the idea of that kind of old books in full!
Welcome!

kenmo
05-20-2016, 02:57 AM
Love how it turned out. It does remind me of the old pulp novels...