PDA

View Full Version : High Towers

gxhpainter2
05-19-2016, 07:27 AM
a slightly alien landscape with organic crystal towers and magenta skies... or just an interesting abstract with some favorite colors , textures and shapes...:rolleyes::):cool:

just decompressing after several days developing an iPad app and custom PDF report for my son-in-law's construction company based in Washington DC. my past reached out and
grabbed me for a time....

D Akey
05-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Reminds me of those great colorful travel ads in National Geographic from around the 1950 & 60s. . . I really loved those colors and it conjures up a visit to DC or some other major US city. But this paint style is really cool and I don't miss the subjective aspect of those ads with the models and so forth. Cool. Also has a real vision in this one.

:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):)

Caesar
05-19-2016, 08:50 PM
I can see the alien towers in perspective on this heavily gaseous and poisonous planet and also, by possible pareidolia, their Mount Rushmore just beyond and over their tops!
Impressive, original painting. Masterful!

Marilyn Anne
05-19-2016, 09:09 PM
All of that activity coming off of the magenta in the background is very striking. You are brave in all your color choices and shapes.

gxhpainter2
05-20-2016, 05:23 AM
Reminds me of those great colorful travel ads in National Geographic from around the 1950 & 60s. . . I really loved those colors and it conjures up a visit to DC or some other major US city. But this paint style is really cool and I don't miss the subjective aspect of those ads with the models and so forth. Cool. Also has a real vision in this one.

:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):) D Akey well I was impressed by the dayglow 60's era and the art done at the time, guess it leaks out from time to time as in this case, thanks my friend! :cool::cool::):)

I can see the alien towers in perspective on this heavily gaseous and poisonous planet and also, by possible pareidolia, their Mount Rushmore just beyond and over their tops!
Impressive, original painting. Masterful!yes this is a little off kilter from what I have been upto recently but I was just getting my head back into painting and this was that transition work, glad you approve! :cool::cool::):)

All of that activity coming off of the magenta in the background is very striking. You are brave in all your color choices and shapes. Thanks Marilyn Anne I was quite
intentional to strike a bold and evening alien note in the colors , ( not sure why ) so your comment means a lot as does your continued support and commenting..:cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):) :):):):):):):)

damasocl
05-20-2016, 06:38 AM
Good job!!!!
I like this painting!!!
As always, your paintings are AMAZING!!!!!;););)

pat1940
05-29-2016, 10:15 AM
Hi Gary, what magnificent colors, it pops right out at you, missed all your great work so will be checking back ones soon

gxhpainter2
05-30-2016, 07:25 AM
Hi Gary, what magnificent colors, it pops right out at you, missed all your great work so will be checking back ones soon Thanks for checking back in on these Pat, I have been out of town and taking a mini vacation from painting for a bit to cool off my over active imagination..:rolleyes::rolleyes: hope you have been well and enjoying spring/summer