PDA

View Full Version : Just text or nothin'

Henry Stahle
05-14-2016, 11:57 PM

Yesterday I sketched this in ArtRage on my old Galaxy Note 10". I wanted to share it to myself as a png-file by using Dropbox to use it in ArtRage on my desktop computer. In my Dropbox ArtRage folder was just a textfile (txt): "Created with ArtRage for Android." but no picture. So I tried to share it again by writing the whole file name "girl.png", not only "girl" as I did before. The picture ended up in Dropbox as an empy image file with the same file size as the txt-file; 33 kb. Next I used the jpg file format when I tried to share it. It happened the same, just an empty 33 kb jpg image file... Finally I shared it using my OneDrive and I this time used the native ptg file format. And there it was...a readable image file.

Now the question is: is there something going wrong inside the ArtRage share function or in Dropbox...?

(I know I could have used a script file to share, I have also tried doing so with good result... but this time I did not think of doing that...)

hildee
06-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Did you "Share / Export Image / Save PNG to Pictures" within ArtRage?

You can also "Share / Share Painting / Share Painting File" and use the .ptg in your desktop Artrage.

Also, why use Dropbox when you could Bluetooth the pic from your Note 10 to your pc? It's more direct. Unless of course you've already tried this.

Edit: Also, your tablet charger should be a usb cable which you can attach to the pc from your tablet, then find your file and drag it across from the tablet dialogue box to the place you want to save it on your computer.

HannahRage
06-07-2016, 02:41 PM
We're not sure why this is happening yet, but it's definitely a bug of some kind! There is a bug with Dropbox at the moment that prevents PTG export, so it might be affecting the PNG and JPG export options as well. Or it might be something we can fix - we're looking into it.