PDA

View Full Version : The Many Lokas

gxhpainter2
05-10-2016, 05:48 AM
another bit of esoterica inspired art. but still weaving those silk banners !...

Marilyn Anne
05-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Like the orient! The wonderful colors of Chinese silks. Very nice!

D Akey
05-11-2016, 12:13 AM
Okay! I love this. What can I say. You have a very strong piece here. Good hierarchy of shapes and marks. Strong shapes and saturated colors. A lot of grab. Naturally as ever it's a wait and see what comes out at the end of a painting process such as this. I really like this one. Doesn't always have to be this "Bang!", but it works and indicates a whole range of possibilities to explore as you push in and pull back with the things you're factoring in, making for different relationships. I feel as if this is the antithesis to the other one you posted with all the very little squares. My comments definitely reflect my bias. So take it or leave it as it suits your own sensibilities. But I look at this and I will walk away and remember it more than 30 seconds because it's got a hook, to steal a songwriter's term.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
05-11-2016, 03:10 AM
This is great! I cannot say why, but I got the impression to be in the pavilion of the Great King Xerses leading the second Persian war against Greece ... I see him on the "portable" throne and a brazier of incense on the left, a tribute to his recognized sovereign divinity offended by Greeks.
Brilliant greens shines against reds and its subdued purple tones. The dark areas are fantastic and perfectly placed to emphasizes colors chroma and dynamics!

gxhpainter2
05-12-2016, 04:41 AM
Like the orient! The wonderful colors of Chinese silks. Very nice! thanks Marilyn Anne I wish that printing on silk could produce these reds but current technology seems only to produce a red-brown shade, but as the ink technology advances these reds may be possible to be printed on silks. :cool::cool::cool::):):)

Okay! I love this. What can I say. You have a very strong piece here. Good hierarchy of shapes and marks. Strong shapes and saturated colors. A lot of grab. Naturally as ever it's a wait and see what comes out at the end of a painting process such as this. I really like this one. Doesn't always have to be this "Bang!", but it works and indicates a whole range of possibilities to explore as you push in and pull back with the things you're factoring in, making for different relationships. I feel as if this is the antithesis to the other one you posted with all the very little squares. My comments definitely reflect my bias. So take it or leave it as it suits your own sensibilities. But I look at this and I will walk away and remember it more than 30 seconds because it's got a hook, to steal a songwriter's term.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: D jAkey I love your analysis of these two dissimilar works and why you enjoy one over the other... I always enjoy getting a sense of why someone likes a work ( especially you and Caesar on a regular basis) , not that it has that much influence over what I do next but at some subtle level it gives me a hook to build on at some further date if that makes some sense.:):):):cool::cool::cool:

This is great! I cannot say why, but I got the impression to be in the pavilion of the Great King Xerses leading the second Persian war against Greece ... I see him on the "portable" throne and a brazier of incense on the left, a tribute to his recognized sovereign divinity offended by Greeks.
Brilliant greens shines against reds and its subdued purple tones. The dark areas are fantastic and perfectly placed to emphasizes colors chroma and dynamics! hmm very interesting Caesar, I have been experiencing visions of these living color grids and sense that they represent some event , I can't say why I feel that but it has been a motivation to explore this genre more fully than other styles and mark making I have done in the past so your experience give credence to
that belief... thank you for sharing that with me!. :cool::cool::cool: