PDA

View Full Version : SaltFlats-Boliva

Enug
05-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Painted at the request of my granddaughter from a photo taken while she was backpacking in Sth.America early this year. I converted a tracing image to paint and painted over with an impasto oil brush and applied Bump Blend Mode on a layer beneath.

gxhpainter2
05-09-2016, 04:23 AM
wow this is an impressive work AR has such ability in this area I am surprised more people
don't take advantage of it... you did it well!...:cool::cool::):):)

Marilyn Anne
05-09-2016, 07:41 AM
The scene is lovely and so are the textures! Good for you and I bet your grand daughter loves it!

Enug
05-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Thanks Gary and Marilyn Anne - it feels a bit like cheating but it was a quick way of reproducing a paint-like image. I have ordered it on canvas to be delivered to her as a surprise - she hasn't seen it yet. The figure on the left wearing a hat, is my granddaughter. :)

justjean
05-09-2016, 08:55 PM
It looks great, June.

Caesar
05-09-2016, 09:16 PM
The outcome is absolutely exceptional! Bravissima!

D Akey
05-11-2016, 12:25 AM
Very dramatic with the way you managed the lighting. Love the rich saturation and the girls look like they were just dropped of by one of those space ships that some mysteries of South America infer. Dropped in the middle of nowhere. I certainly hope there was a car or bus somewhere behind the camera. Thing is, I bet the nigh sky was out of this world so to speak and right there where you could reach out and touch it. Scale is very dramatic here. Bet she had (or is having) a great time.

Cool painting. Has a sense of place in a big way. No mistaking it for downtown Sydney for example.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
05-11-2016, 12:55 AM
Thanks, Caesar, Jean and DA - yes Alyssa is safely back from Sth America. She backpacked solo thru Chile, Peru , Bolivia, Argentina and Brazil, so I trust her to look after me when she accompanies me to Norway next year.:)

Caesar
05-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Thanks, Caesar, Jean and DA - yes Alyssa is safely back from Sth America. She backpacked solo thru Chile, Peru , Bolivia, Argentina and Brazil, so I trust her to look after me when she accompanies me to Norway next year.:)

Check for Your tablet when leaving! ;):o LOL :D

Enug
05-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Will do - thanks for the reminder. :o:o

kenmo
05-19-2016, 01:26 AM
Love the results....Very artistic...