PDA

View Full Version : Which Samsung Galaxy tablet should I buy?

bwh
05-08-2016, 12:11 PM
I'd like to get ArtRage on an Android tablet together with an appropriate pen or stylus.

Here are the three tablets I'm considering so far:

1. Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
2. Samsung Galaxy TabPro S 12"
3. Galaxy Tab A with s-pen

My question is this: For each of these three tablets, which of the following capabilities does the s-pen have:

1. Pressure
2. Tilt
3. Rotate
4. Speed

Note, I don't expect ArtRage to support all of these capabilities yet, but I want my hardware to be capable as soon as ArtRage is.

impasto
05-09-2016, 01:11 PM
I certainly would not even look at galaxy tab A: the display is only 1024x760 or someting, and only 2GB of ram. Note Pro 12 is probably a great choice (I have Note 10.1 2014 edition, and I love it), and they are similar. I would love to have a large display for painting though... I know Galaxy Note 4 (a phone, not a talet)supports tilt in the S pen, maybe Note Pro 12 does too? My tablet doesnt.
I dont know about C pen, which is supported in Tab Pro S. It is wifi, which is different than S pen.
I would certainly now choose a tablet with at least 4GB memory and largest available pixel size of the display.

whateverls11
05-09-2016, 04:04 PM
I'm using samsung grand prime duals and everything works fine to me

HannahRage
05-09-2016, 05:10 PM
As far as we know, tilt is only supported in the Galaxy Note range (e.g. 4, 5, Edge). I'm... pretty sure it isn't in the Note Pro tablet, though if someone could check, that would be helpful (it might be added in newer model tablets in future, but we don't know - basically, if you don't see it in the specs, it isn't there). Rotation is only found in fancy Wacom styluses for desktop graphic tablets.

ArtRage fully supports pressure, tilt and the 'speed' of the stylus, it just uses whichever of those things gets passed along by the hardware.