PDA

View Full Version : trouble with saving presets and any changes to brushes

impasto
05-06-2016, 04:50 AM
hi, all changes I make to brush properties get lost upon switching to another brush, even the size gets automatically reset to 50%. Same when I use the eraser, etc. I dont see a 'save brush' button in brush properties either. Creating new preset-brushes doesn't remember anything except the name of the new preset. What should I do?

HannahRage
05-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Most presets have a specific size attached to them. If you switch around without using the presets, it will just use the current size for that tool.

When you create a new preset, it will save the *current* tool settings, so if you're saving one right after switching to a new preset, you're just duplicating it ;) Set up the brush you want to save, then click "New Preset".

Does that help?

impasto
05-06-2016, 12:05 PM
thank, it works with new presets as you described. it looks like 'new preset' is a synonim for 'save as'. I thought 'new preset' would begin, not end the process of creating a new preset. It's good now.
And with factory brushes, is there a way to remember the last size and other parameters when I toggle between different brushes?

HannahRage
05-06-2016, 03:18 PM
If you're toggling by switching presets, then no - presets are basically 'saved combinations of specific settings'. If you just switch a few settings around, or switch to the ink pen then back to the oil brush, you won't reset everything.