PDA

View Full Version : Towers in the Sun

gxhpainter2
05-05-2016, 06:01 AM
loosely inspired by ancient Cambodian temples...

AndreaMG
05-05-2016, 06:56 AM
Looks so sunny and alive but at the same time elegant. Beautiful indeed my friend :cool:

D Akey
05-05-2016, 04:28 PM
What a gorgeous piece. Really great division of design elements and textures. Very considered. I particularly like the overall impact, but the secondary read of the squiggly string coil bits as a complementary motif against the strong geometry of the architecture. It's a very nice contrast and a pleasing element. Love the juxtaposition of the free natural side moving in on the hard structure. Works really well. A lot to appreciate in this one. Colors are unexpected as they feel more desert like as opposed to jungle. There's no problem in that. Like I say, it's unpredictability leads the mind to seek out the mystery, how they fit as it were. What you saw. What is your point? So to speak. And those are rhetorical questions that may bear equally unexpected answers that change over time.

Well done.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
05-05-2016, 08:48 PM
I thought it were rather Shangai skyline! Sheer energy!

Marilyn Anne
05-07-2016, 03:38 AM
Really captures the feel of the fibers and colors of the eastern kind of world.

gxhpainter2
05-08-2016, 07:18 AM
Looks so sunny and alive but at the same time elegant. Beautiful indeed my friend :cool: thanks for the comment, like that fact that you found it elegant!..

What a gorgeous piece. Really great division of design elements and textures. Very considered. I particularly like the overall impact, but the secondary read of the squiggly string coil bits as a complementary motif against the strong geometry of the architecture. It's a very nice contrast and a pleasing element. Love the juxtaposition of the free natural side moving in on the hard structure. Works really well. A lot to appreciate in this one. Colors are unexpected as they feel more desert like as opposed to jungle. There's no problem in that. Like I say, it's unpredictability leads the mind to seek out the mystery, how they fit as it were. What you saw. What is your point? So to speak. And those are rhetorical questions that may bear equally unexpected answers that change over time.

Well done.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: yes these colors are more desert and middle eastern than Cambodian with its lush green jungle ... I just kept the intricate and delicate tower like structures in my head at the time the rest is as you say a bit of a mystery...:cool::cool:

I thought it were rather Shangai skyline! Sheer energy! yes it does have that high tech architectural feel.... thank you my friend for you comment on this. :):)

Really captures the feel of the fibers and colors of the eastern kind of world. thanks Marilyn Anne I guess that is where I was feeling this to be...as well. :cool::cool: