PDA

View Full Version : Today's work!

Kieran
05-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Hey everybody, I'm 21 years old from England, I'm new here and new to Artrage, I've made one other painting before this but it's a completely different style and I'm not sure if I'm happy with it, all three images were painted from imagination with no reference/trace. I've been drawing for about 6 months but only using artrage/graphics tablet for the last week or so.

This was my first one, it was a total experiment and after completing the sea/sky I decided it was missing something so I attempted to draw a boat! Draw time : 2 1/2 hours
Completely hooked on painting I started a new canvass straight away.

I experimented with light reflection here and I was really pleased with the outcome, I feel like I managed to capture the ripple effect of calm waters as well as display the light shining from the moon.
Draw time: 1 hour

My third and final painting from today, I think I did a pretty good job of the firewood but I wasn't overly pleased with the fire, or the glowing eyes in the dark so I could definitely use some pointers there!

All in all I'm quite pleased with the progress I'm making and I'm picking up what the tools do as I go along, I've never painted analog before so this is a completely new experience for me but so far I'm loving it, please don't hold back with your constructive criticisms!

jmac
05-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Hello Kieran and welcome to the forum. The most important thing you have going for you is imagination. The technical stuff you will pick up over time and practice. Good luck with your discoveries.

D Akey
05-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Looks like you're getting a feel for the tools. It happens over time just by doing. Suddenly one day the mechanics of it all just sort of drop away and you're just painting.

As to your art choices, it's all good. There's a world of pre-existing art out there to experience. And it's a very fun ride to go out and look at how other artists have taken on certain effects. Some you will like, some you won't be interested in. And therein lies an indicator of where your own tastes are going to be taking you. Trust your gut.

And when you find a painting you really like, copy it carefully. That's where the real training is going to take place. You can import reference images, you can import tracing images and paint over it. If you pay attention to what you're doing, and what the source artist was doing (color choices and so forth), you will get a whole lot of mileage in short order.

And have fun with it.

You're off to a great start! These are simple, but they have a quality.

Enjoy.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
05-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Experimenting is certainly the key to find Your way. Change settings and tools even towards extremes to find interesting outcomes.
Use separate layers too fo different range and an harmonizing background, to see what it can offer to You in addition.

Marilyn Anne
05-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Of colors! Many possibilities in doing that! Enjoy!

kenmo
05-20-2016, 03:15 AM
Very neat paintings.....:cool::cool::cool: