PDA

View Full Version : My Zen Garden aka Digital Island

gxhpainter2
05-03-2016, 09:43 AM
raked sand and an island in the flow of things..

D Akey
05-03-2016, 06:42 PM
The symbolism in this one may suggest that when you can microwave a single BBQ rib in rice paper without leaving a stain, you may eat your dim sun, Quai Chang.

Okay, so you find yourself in a Zen mystery school and yet they're trying to make you color within the lines. What do you do, hotshot? What do you do?

Thus reveals itself, your artist koan of the day.

Anyway, I love the inner part a lot. The op art is an amusing and erudite juxtaposition, reflecting the collision in time between abstract expressionism of the 50s and the op art movement of the 60s (chronologically generally speaking). Sort of addresses visually the extreme contrast with the shock of the new technological consciousness reaching the human gestural art world. So check your fortune cookie to see if digital is real art.

Nice concept, Mr Gary-san. A real sampler platter. Try painting in tempura. Then we'll talk.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
05-03-2016, 08:49 PM
A diapason, a fork for tuning Your colorful artistic soul or make its bark resonate into marvellous paintings? A sound mantra to quiet down and order Your creative energy?
Whatever it is or means it's a winner and a stunner.

gxhpainter2
05-04-2016, 08:20 AM
The symbolism in this one may suggest that when you can microwave a single BBQ rib in rice paper without leaving a stain, you may eat your dim sun, Quai Chang.

Okay, so you find yourself in a Zen mystery school and yet they're trying to make you color within the lines. What do you do, hotshot? What do you do?

Thus reveals itself, your artist koan of the day.

Anyway, I love the inner part a lot. The op art is an amusing and erudite juxtaposition, reflecting the collision in time between abstract expressionism of the 50s and the op art movement of the 60s (chronologically generally speaking). Sort of addresses visually the extreme contrast with the shock of the new technological consciousness reaching the human gestural art world. So check your fortune cookie to see if digital is real art.

Nice concept, Mr Gary-san. A real sampler platter. Try painting in tempura. Then we'll talk.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: love love love your comments , just put a big smile on my face !:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
05-04-2016, 08:22 AM
A diapason, a fork for tuning Your colorful artistic soul or make its bark resonate into marvellous paintings? A sound mantra to quiet down and order Your creative energy?
Whatever it is or means it's a winner and a stunner. thank you sincerely my friend so glad you resonated with this!... I like D Akey's observation about the juxtaposition of op art with abstract
expressionism... as I was not originally a big fan of OP art but now see possibilities for me :):):)

sabena
05-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Very good and fantastic painting i like very much

gxhpainter2
05-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Very good and fantastic painting i like very much Thank you so much Sabena, always great to hear from you!..:cool::cool::):):):)

Marilyn Anne
05-07-2016, 03:34 AM
I must need to quilt again! There are art quilts that have all kinds of textures and design elements in them. Made to be hung on a wall. This reminds me of the feeling of those quilts. Still built on principles of color and elements of design but flowing freely. Exciting and interesting work!

gxhpainter2
05-08-2016, 07:22 AM
I must need to quilt again! There are art quilts that have all kinds of textures and design elements in them. Made to be hung on a wall. This reminds me of the feeling of those quilts. Still built on principles of color and elements of design but flowing freely. Exciting and interesting work! Interesting that you have "seen" quilting patterns in a few of my recent works, as a matter of fact I am going to get some of them printed as silk scarves! as gifts and possible sales... my bright colors and more patteren oriented designs I think might work well.:):):):cool::cool: what do you think??