PDA

View Full Version : Can you change the background color or am I stuck with lime green?

rkstudio
05-01-2016, 06:33 PM
I'm sure there must be a way to change the background color to get started but I clicked on everything I can find in every way I can think of and I still can't find out how to change the background color. I find that this app is not intuitive at all. A little frustrating as a matter of fact.

markw
05-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Hello rkstudio and welcome to the ArtRage forums:)
To change the UI colours, go to; ArtRage Preferences > Interface.
There you can choose from a selection of alternative tint themes for the tools and panels, or by clicking on the ‘Control Tint Colour’ chip, you can set your own tint colour.
To set the background colour behind the canvas click on the colour chip next to ‘Background Colour’.

HannahRage
05-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Or right click on the background and choose 'Set Background Color' :D

hildee
05-07-2016, 04:44 PM
There is also the Bucket Fill tool in both the pc and tablet apps.

On your tablet (if that is what you mean by "app" in your OP), tap the bucket up the top of the tool list on the left, choose a colour bottom right, then tap the "canvas". It will fill with your chosen colour.

On your pc, click on the "Fill" icon in the tools section bottom left, choose a colour bottom right, then click the "canvas".

to change the background color

....rinse and repeat :)

HannahRage
05-09-2016, 05:12 PM
There is also the Bucket Fill tool in both the pc and tablet apps.

On your tablet (if that is what you mean by "app" in your OP), tap the bucket up the top of the tool list on the left, choose a colour bottom right, then tap the "canvas". It will fill with your chosen colour.

On your pc, click on the "Fill" icon in the tools section bottom left, choose a colour bottom right, then click the "canvas".

....rinse and repeat :)

Just to clarify, we were talking about the background behind the canvas, this answer talks about changing the canvas itself - which may actually have been what the original poster was asking, but I'm guessing 'lime green' referred to the default highlights ArtRage uses.

Paul48
03-14-2022, 09:11 PM
Mine was originally white but somehow became a horrid bright yellow. I could find no way in Artrage 2.5 to change this back in any of the Menus or Preference settings. BUT I discovered by accident in Windows 10 it can be changed - activate the color picker tool, in the color selector make sure it is set to white (or whatever color you want), move your cursor to the background panel (you may have to reduce the active painting size to say 25% to see the background), then while holding down your Alt+Shift keys, click with your left mouse button. Hope this helps someone.

Enug
03-15-2022, 07:27 PM
Or has already been pointed out...........R click on the background or canvas - choose "Set Background Color" and the background will be filled with the color selected via the color picker.:D