PDA

View Full Version : Engraving in metallic paint Monogram art added

Aunt_Betsy
04-28-2016, 06:34 AM
Hi Everyone, I've come up with a new technique using the metallic paint. I have found that if I use the pattern fill I can get an engraving like effect in a shiny metallic object. It must be done on the same layer as the metallic object to work. You can also use the pencil to make an engraving in any of the 3D paints. I used the eraser to make a grove in the paint. I went over the pattern with the palette knife to make it smother and more deeply engraved. I went over everything with the airbrush. You can also just have another layer with the metallic paint fill. I told how to make the shiny metallic object in a post 6 years ago https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?26389-ArtRage-Shiny-reflections.

Marilyn Anne
04-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Shiny and depth in the design. Interesting background.

damasocl
04-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Incredible!!!Amazing!!Congratulations!!!

D Akey
04-29-2016, 12:05 PM
I love it. Very convincing of that kind of surface texture. You are very inventive indeed, Aunt Betsy. Good to see you again.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Aunt_Betsy
04-29-2016, 04:24 PM
Amazing effects!
Shiny and depth in the design. Interesting background.

Thank you Marilyn Anne!!!
I made the backgrounds with seamless tiles that I make with the Symmetry tool. I use 8 divisions to get them seamless. I use the grid with the snap to feature turned on to get the precision that I want when I use the pattern fill to create the backgrounds.

Incredible!!!Amazing!!Congratulations!!!
Thank you so much damasocl!!!

I love it. Very convincing of that kind of surface texture. You are very inventive indeed, Aunt Betsy. Good to see you again.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Thank you D Akey!!! I always appreciate your feedback so much. I find that I am intense for a while and work on something new and come by here to show and tell about it and then I go away for a while to let my creativity recharge and reboot.

I always seem to be trying to see how many of the tools in ArtRage I can combine to get dramatic effects. I must use at least 4 different types of isolation and selection tools to get the results that I want. I started out in digital art making vector graphic and I always was trying to make my vectors look more like paintings or photo realism. Now with the improvement in transparency in png graphics and larger memories I work with raster graphics and I try to have them have the precision of vector graphics.

I found a use for this effect in making monogram artwork. In some ways it reminds me of when I was in high school and made jewelry in art class.

Caesar
04-29-2016, 08:53 PM
Phenomenal!

Aunt_Betsy
04-29-2016, 10:13 PM
Phenomenal!

Thank you so much Caesar!!! It's always a pleasure to hear from you.:D:D:D