PDA

View Full Version : Another Self Portrait

Kyle D
04-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Here's another self portrait that I did last winter. It was done using oils. ArtRage really is my favorite digital painting program. I love the natural and organic feel and look that it produces. I haven't been able to use ArtRage much lately since I've been busy with my animations, and I've also been messing around with another great program called Manga Studio 5. I also try to paint on a real canvas as much as I can. The world of digital art is a wonderful and powerful thing, but I still get a bit more thrill out of picking up a real paint brush and getting paint everywhere. And I can sell artwork on a canvas - I can only sell prints of digital art. ArtRage is definitely my go-to program for digital painting, and I would love to incorporate it into my animations. I plan to start using ArtRage to draw the backgrounds in some upcoming animation projects.

D Akey
04-19-2016, 01:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJb7cBfrxbo&index=9&list=RD7uG2gYE5KOs

My free association just went there.

Soulful pic. Hope it's a good piece. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Kyle D
04-20-2016, 03:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJb7cBfrxbo&index=9&list=RD7uG2gYE5KOs

My free association just went there.

Soulful pic. Hope it's a good piece. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway...great song. I'll say it again...GREAT SONG.

Caesar
04-20-2016, 07:47 PM
It looks like You're a very generous person in this portrait, either towards some beloved individual(s) or in a charitable way towards anyone.
A really meaningful interpretation of Your intimate self then, without masks and deceiving attires.
You just take care to keep a sort of symbolic and formal dignity, also in Your complete offer of Yourself, by keeping Your hat on and Your venerably long beard combed and styled.
You seem to be a modern hermit, anchorite, a kind of St. Jerome, so frequently painted in many classical masterpieces.
Most interesting and with a vague reference to Jesus Christ Holy Heart religious representations on art and images.
I wish You may get the prize for Your ascetic approach to the mystery in case ...;)

I hope it's not an indication of heart transplant anyway.:eek::o