PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Grama and Grampa

pat1940
04-13-2016, 05:16 AM
Little girl ref, done in oil

D Akey
04-13-2016, 08:56 AM
You are really a story teller at heart, aren't you Pat? Wonderful one here. And I think you really said volumes about how magical and wondrous for a small kid the grandparent's home can be. . . especially if they tended gardens or had a farm or ranch.

My grandmother had a home that was beyond compare especially for a very little kid. Dangling prisms lined her picture window and when the sun came in it was all little rainbows everywhere patterning the gorgeous rugs, furniture, grandfather clock, stairs. . . In a way, it was may have given me my first palette. She also had a magnificent garden that seemed 100 foot tall to a wee tyke. And all the love. . . and don't get me started on her cooking and baking. . . Phew! Noodles from scratch, not to mention pies made from berries we picked in the woods and proudly carried back in little pails.

Anyway, for me, this painting gets it just right. Brava, Pat!!!!! Great colors, love the composition and all the super details. Nice arrangement. And that she is looking away allows us to be watching, and looking through her eyes as well.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

annlou
04-13-2016, 11:38 AM
What a lovely painting. Reminds me of my carefree childhood when the sun shone and life was good.

Caesar
04-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Pure poetry out of Your virtual brushes and generous heart,dear Pat! Thank You!

Enug
04-14-2016, 01:08 AM
Such a pretty picture Pat and so well executed.

eighty+
04-14-2016, 06:01 AM
Pat It looks as if You've been eating Mars Bars BETTER ......BETTER .............BETTER ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE .........................POZDRAWSKI

gxhpainter2
04-14-2016, 09:09 AM
very sweet painting Pat, I bet grandpa and grandma would love this hanging in their home.:):)

Marilyn Anne
04-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Very pretty! So pleasant and nice to look at.

pat1940
04-16-2016, 04:54 AM
Thank you all for such kind comments, so glad you like it, really appreciate your time to comment

Aunt_Betsy
04-28-2016, 06:57 AM
Just lovely Pat! I especially like the blue bird and the roses. Such a peaceful feel about it.:D:D:D:D