PDA

View Full Version : Life on the Farm

pat1940
04-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Done in oil and some pen, worked hard on this thinking of my own elements to put in it, barn was ref, changed it a little, I am trying hard DAkey lol hope you like it

D Akey
04-11-2016, 10:59 AM
OMG Pat!!!!! This is sensational!

I love the composition. Love the close staging. Love love love the colors. Wow!

You're on track, Pat. Very good. Keep going. Harvest that inner landscape and imagination. Really super.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
04-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Glad you are including references to aid in your painting. I used to go out and take all kinds of pictures and now I check the Internet for freebies. I really don't see how people who are painting real flowers and buildings and stuff could live without it. When I was teaching I had files of skies and mountains and everything you can think of in order to pull out various inspiring pictures. A lovely painting Pat!

Caesar
04-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Good, old times wonderfully painted in their quiet mood too! Thumbs up!!!!!

pat1940
04-13-2016, 02:33 AM
DAkey, I am so pleased with your comments, thanks so much for pushing me a little further with your knowledge and encouragement, it is so appreciated
Marilyn Anne, I really appreciate your input so much, and I do spend a lot of time with the freebies lol, in the past I have thought that an artist paints everything from his head, but I think that they also took many ref as ideas and then put their own vision together, which DAkey has pointed out and so I finally stopped the struggle of thinking of the whole painting in my head and it has helped so much, thanks again for your support and kind comments
Dear Caesar, you are always so kind with words, thank you as always appreciate you taking the time to peek in and comment