PDA

View Full Version : Ice (Lake Superior Inspired)

cym
04-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm really not sure where this is going, but I was trying to get the look of the way ice looks on Lake Superior.

Fashmir
04-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Nice beginning Cym. I'll be following this with interest. :)

D Akey
04-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Welcome back. Been a while.

Been a while since I've seen a frozen great lake for that matter.

cym
04-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks David, I'm still working with just a mouse, so don't expect to much detail here!

D Akey, Its good to be back, thanks! Its rare for Superior to freeze, but it has happened. The shoreline does get some fine mountain like ranges of ice at any rate.

I did some more noodling around with it.

maror
04-10-2007, 04:06 AM
hi cym...

personal i feel the color combination and the format of this pic not very good at the moment... but go on maybe you can change my mind :wink:

looking forward

maror

cym
04-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Ouch!

Maror,Except for the yellow...the colors match most of your name icon. :lol:

D Akey
04-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Hahaha.

You're saying his avatar needs more yellow. . .

I wonder if that changed his mind.

I don't suspect he meant to wound.

maror
04-11-2007, 05:03 AM
hehe sry

as d akey said, that dosn't change my mind :twisted:

but your also right with my avatar...but were talking about your picture, right :wink:

just go on and maybe you can wound me too with a wonderful pic :wink:

first aid & best wishes

maror

cym
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Well, I don't think this will amount to much anyhow. I did take out the yellow, and then I added some textures, and then I ended up disliking the whole mess. I didn't bother to save it.
The trouble with a vast expanse of ice, is....it's kind of all the same. I will have to study some photos and see what I am missing.

I'm glad y'all have a sense of humor at any rate. :wink:

maror
04-11-2007, 06:29 PM
sometimes is better to start again...

wish you more luck next time...

greez

D Akey
04-12-2007, 06:16 AM
For the record, I like it as it is. And I can see both points of view.

But it's nice to have saved versions when you experiment. Not like a real world painting at all where it's destroyed, eh?

I was just tickled by the exchange. Nothing like art to create that magical moment in conversation of complete frequency mismatch.

I've repeatedly heard similar as long as I've been doing and discussing art.

Welcome back to the global village.

cym
04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
I've been too busy to start anything new, so perhaps this will lead to more entertaining conversation.
More doodling with the ice...

D Akey
04-17-2007, 05:38 PM
It's Ontonogan! I recognize it. Or is that further down the shore?

Tree looks good in that context.
Also like the snow effect with the sort of frosty clumpiness on and around it.

Must confess things have changed from when I was in that neck of the woods. Being busy was rare over the winter. Civilization must have finally taken hold.
Was bound to happen.

cym
04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
D Akey, you've been to Ontonagon eh? Amazing! ( I think they still take it fairly easy there, except for shoveling all that snow).
My view is always the harbors in Marquette, upper and lower. I work at a dairy and cows never take a day off. (Well, judging by the recent tv ads, perhaps the ones in California do).
I shoved the tree in there because all that ice was just too stark. Next I'll add a few ice shanties. :lol: