PDA

View Full Version : Farm 2

pat1940
04-09-2016, 09:02 AM
I have been working on this and keeping DAkeys advice in front of me(printed it up) and hope I am learning a little bit more about creating something in my own head, thanks again Mr. D

eighty+
04-09-2016, 09:13 AM
Pat. Looking much. Better but watch your verticals. Ok. CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

pat1940
04-09-2016, 10:00 AM
thanks so much, eighty when you say watch my verticals, do you mean don't have to many, and make sure I have horizontals to balance, is that it

D Akey
04-10-2016, 05:49 AM
I can't speak for Mr Ploos, but he might have meant to be mindful of perspective. But he might check back in and expand on his thought.

Anyway, as to adding idyllic tone to the image, I would say you are zeroing in. I like the additional elements. I prefer the tree positioned as you have it, sort of enveloping the entry. And your flowers are also a nice addition.

I think it's vastly improved for mood and that mood you are looking to create. So you see the value of invention. You can improve on reality to amplify moods and feelings that you create in the viewers -- not to mention yourself having fun going through the setting you're planning and following your whim.

You filled the space much better. I think a comparison most people can understand is setting a table for Thanksgiving (or banquet for those outside the USA who don't celebrate that particular holiday of post-harvest bounty). Think of all the various dishes of food - turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams with marshmallows, salad, various drinks, wonderful tablecloth, good china, candles, centerpiece, etc. And then add the people. That's not to say all that has to go in to every meal and every painting, but it could if the mood strikes you. And the point is that you are setting a table of sorts with each painting you construct. And it's all at your whim. Not all paintings are that big and full with subject matter, sometimes the paint itself is part of the offering -- as you put so much tasty color into it.

So you've definitely got the concept I was suggesting. So. . . GO PAT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
04-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Thank you again DAkey, you have been so helpful, will get that old imagination going lol

sabena
04-11-2016, 02:25 AM
Wonder full Farm it's remember me when i was a child, the stories book:rolleyes:

pat1940
04-11-2016, 06:08 AM
Thank you Sabena, wish I had your talent for creating such wonderful designs and shapes