PDA

View Full Version : script on android

impasto
04-07-2016, 06:11 PM
the latest android version contains script recording. I enabled the box in canvas setting, but I dont see the record or play panel like in the desktop version. I was expecting to see files with arscript extension being generated. I only see tmp files. could you provide some instructions how to use this feature? I'm hoping to play the android generated scripts in the PC version. thanks.

HannahRage
04-07-2016, 07:00 PM
The way ArtRage script recording works is that you are creating PTG files with scripts embedded in them. The Script can then be extracted at a specific time, and will contain all the information up until that point - if you continue painting, you can extra a new, different, script with all the additional painting data. You can't replay scripts in the app, it's just far beyond its capabilities.

To extract the scripts, you have two options:

1. Go to the gallery and preview the painting > tap the 'Share' symbol under the image preview > Export/Share Script

Export will create a script in the ArtRage/Scripts folder on your device. Share will send it via a specific app/service.

2. Export the PTG file to the desktop, open it in ArtRage. The script will still be automatically recording and can be stopped and saved (exported) at any point.

impasto
04-08-2016, 05:30 PM
It works. I tested doubling the dpi, from the android original to the desktop image, and it looks amazing! This is a huge addition to the app (which is amazing too, but the limit of 2048x2048 is quite severe).

I'm thinking to enable the script recording in every project. Any reasons not to do it? Bigger file size is not an issue for me. Will the app feel slower?

HannahRage
04-11-2016, 09:22 AM
It shouldn't slow ArtRage down noticeably (or we wouldn't have been able to include it as a feature), but it is an extra bit of memory usage. Whether you notice anything is going to depend on your device and what you're working on, so there's no reason not to enable scripts, *unless* you notice it affects performance in your particular case.

short answer: it depends? :D