PDA

View Full Version : Waterlillies

Enug
04-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Started with a glitter/blender base, which suggested water and went from there. :)

Base.

D Akey
04-06-2016, 07:28 PM
<Ahem.>

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is very groovy. Odd that you left the lily pads be so cloud-like.

It's like that wee frog, the tree frog is a magic little fella, an apprentice mage under a spell that backfired on him. His boss, the elder mage, who can likely put things right and Control Z his bollocksed spell, has gone to a meeting deep within the forest--over the stream past those frog eating fish.

So as best he can, he whips up a spell and conjures an unfocused lily pad bridge. But he is being distracted by the beauty of the painting he's found himself in. And his concentration on the spell of crossing is beginning to falter. It was at that moment he realized that he would thereafter dedicate his life to conjuring beautiful paintings. And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
04-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Thanks DA - I did consider more definition for the lily pads but as they were only suggested lily pads I didn't want to go in and reshape them. However now I think I should have done that and also I should have blurred the frog - might redo that part.

Caesar
04-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Experimental mode? Quite funny and interesting.

D Akey
04-08-2016, 06:04 AM
Thanks DA - I did consider more definition for the lily pads but as they were only suggested lily pads I didn't want to go in and reshape them. However now I think I should have done that and also I should have blurred the frog - might redo that part.

Rule of thumb: Think how a camera lens would handle focal depth. If you have stuff that's in sharp focus like the frog sitting on something that's very out of focus, you imply that the (lily pads in this case) are just fuzzy by nature. Also all the other stuff that you included in the picture are sharp focus, like the trees and so on. So that tells you what you need to do to not have a jarring element in your picture. So if you're going to err on the side of making the foreground out of focus, you would also have to put that foreground tree out of focus and the water and shore and all that. And I'm not so sure you want to do that.

Why not just render your lily pads and be done with it? The way it moved into the distance in that line would mean you would have to start gradually sharpening them up in a progressively logical way -- not so easy and a lot of work for minimal pay off.

Also mind the perspective on the water. The lily pads are not sticking with the perspective.

Besides, you have so much nice stuff happening that I don't think blurring anything at all would help the picture any.

I'm only saying all this because you are getting very good at the creative execution, but you might do well to consider some of the fundamentals. That would serve you in the long run.

Bobbi
04-24-2016, 06:39 AM
I missed seeing this one. The colors are so vibrant. Nice work. :)

gxhpainter2
04-24-2016, 07:32 AM
what a magic place, I like the mood and colors you created!