PDA

View Full Version : Proper Configuration of Cintiq Companion 2

sastian
04-05-2016, 10:51 PM
I've been struggling with the best settings for this device. so thought I would document and share my findings as they happen

Configuration
Wacom Cintiq Companion 2
Intel Core i7 5557u 3.10ghz / 16GB ram
Wacom Driver 6.3.15-3
Windows 10 Pro
ArtRage 4.5.9 64bit

Ideal Results:
Touch input working smoothly. zoom & rotate simultaneously
Pressure sensitivity working
Smooth lines
Multi-tool recognition
all menu/palates responsive

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MXKrrCyQ4OUTU9qVy_kpb91ZCj-66L1uMWTqqDG_SbY/edit?usp=sharing

sastian
04-05-2016, 11:36 PM
A thorough test would run 56 permeations! ugh

sastian
08-05-2016, 08:00 PM
can we expect changes soon due to the release of windows 10 anniversary edition ?

tomatogoatee
08-16-2016, 02:29 AM
I would like to thank you for doing this research! I've been tearing my hair out trying to make AR behave properly in Win10 and now I know there's NOTHING I could do to fix it! :D

Please, devs, help!

sastian
08-16-2016, 06:50 AM
I would like to thank you for doing this research! I've been tearing my hair out trying to make AR behave properly in Win10 and now I know there's NOTHING I could do to fix it! :D

Please, devs, help!

I'm still hopeful there is a new version on the way that takes advantage of the newest version of Ink drivers that came out last week. I know autodesk pushed out an update that takes advantage of this.... there has been nu update as of yet for AR since the anniversary version of Win 10 was released so ... tick tock :)

thedayismine
09-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Im With you Sastian... Actually all the way.

Yeah But Sketchbook doesnt Have my Stencils!!!! ARGH

And!!!! And!!!! The Win 10 Version of Sketchbook Got rid of the French Curve tool. Why!! lol I mean why would they do that!! What logic could possibly be behind that decision. LOL

But yes the Palm Rejection Is Quite nice.

Some day my friend! Some day the Fabled Unicorn of Tablet Design Software will emerge...

It will Emerge and then so will the users.

I just dont know when this will happen.

I will say this... I do think that it will be Artrage... The Stencil Framework in of itself is so MASSIVELY Novel and potentially useful∞ that (if I were able to precisely manipulate them via multitouch) my need for photoshop would be completely gone.

Just thinking about it gets me goin...

If Palm rejection / ability to precisely manipulate stencils without envoking a brush stroke ever becomes a reality they will at that point have created the perfect drawing machine.

Cheers

sastian
11-03-2017, 08:24 PM
thats pretty optimistic. the admins here did everything short of chase out with pitchforks. i havnt been back since and as a result stopped endorsing this product. i am optimistic about a product called Leonardo though...

nekomata
11-04-2017, 07:11 PM
thats pretty optimistic. the admins here did everything short of chase out with pitchforks. i havnt been back since and as a result stopped endorsing this product.

thank you for taking time to come back in a year old thread to update us on your important decision!

I am optimistic that with approximately billion painting apps available on windows, you will find something to fit your liking.

sastian
03-04-2018, 01:01 PM
still learning and growing... even installed the AR5 demo... not bad but i have almost given up on touch integration with a drawing app. from what i can tell Leonardo is still the best at getting straight up allowing me to draw on my cintiq companion 2

I just started testing out Clip Studio Pro. not bad. actually better for drawing than Photoshop it most cases. only thing is the UI is atrocious on a 13" cintiq...

I have circled back because some of my professional work has required a more ergonomic solution to illustration. the 13" companion had a LOT of drawbacks that i never foresaw. So i found a used 21UX. back in the saddle with that while the world figures out how to develop a touch and pen UI for illustration that isn't infuriating.