Experimenting! :)

I quite liked the effect of a filtre.

damasocl
04-04-2016, 01:54 AM
Wonderful pictures!!!
I like very much, circles on air...

RedSaucers
04-04-2016, 06:52 AM
Yes, the filter works very well, it adds a sense of mystery.

danny72
04-04-2016, 07:02 AM
Experimenting! :)

I quite liked the effect of a filtre.

Looks great.. Big difference between the 2 paintings

D Akey
04-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Stunning experiment! I still say you might consider writing and illustrating childrens books. I mean who the heck knows whether there's any money in it. But your stuff is starting to take on that really nice combination of fantasy and playful artiness. You've also spotlit this scene in a way where you could perhaps in future consider the dimensions of a 2 page page spread and think where the words would fit and not conflict with the image.

But that's if it interests you. But you're getting good enough to make that happen very favorably. And of course the sky's the limit when it comes to these kinds of subjects and stories. And there's self-publishing on Amazon or whatever where you don't have to get commissioned by a publishing company.

You have little grandkids, don't you still? Or have they grown up. Talk about a target audience. None better. And if other kids get some joy out of your stuff, all the better.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
04-05-2016, 05:19 AM
I like to go back in and paint the edited version where I think it might be needed. I like being able to see the flowers and details in the lighter one but also like the contrasts in the darker. I would I think make some changes is the center of the darker one to combat the the sense of too much light like a darker deer and a softer light. Interesting though and fun.

sabena
04-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Beautiful painting and ethereal subject. Good work:rolleyes:

pat1940
04-05-2016, 10:22 AM
June these are a lovely experiment, both are so nice and agree with DAkey, you could do well on childrens books

Enug
04-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the lovely comments and suggestions.

Damasocl, I made a brush for the bokeh effect.

Just to explain my process - I used the Glitter tube to spray various colours on the canvas and then used the blender to mix the colours. Then with the transform tool I moved and stretched the layer until I found an area that looks interesting and perhaps suggests a background for a picture. This is the area I chose to work on. I adjusted colours and then went where my imagination led me.

Caesar
04-05-2016, 08:45 PM
WOW! A remake of Bambi! Enchanting!