PDA

View Full Version : process Johan Cruyff painting

danny72
04-03-2016, 09:42 PM
89472The final painting is coming later.. With the first one the likeness was of.. this one will be better,hoppfuly :-) 89476 continue with blocking in until i'm happy.. some time left on this one :-)89483 Almost done ;-)89485 done i think89491changed the hair abit

eighty+
04-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Looking Good Danny He looks rather Frail but he was A iron Man and with a body of Whipcord hope U win Danny Congrats

D Akey
04-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Really nice start. Good lighting, good color, fun caricature. You're doing very well. Keep up the good work.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

danny72
04-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Looking Good Danny He looks rather Frail but he was A iron Man and with a body of Whipcord hope U win Danny Congrats

Thank you!! I'm not going to win:-).. So many really good artiest there.. Alot to learn of this people.. But its fun to be a part of it.. :-)

danny72
04-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Really nice start. Good lighting, good color, fun caricature. You're doing very well. Keep up the good work.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: Thank you :-)

pat1940
04-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Don't underestimate your art Danny, you do fine work, so just maybe you will win, if not, you are still so good at your paintings

danny72
04-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Don't underestimate your art Danny, you do fine work, so just maybe you will win, if not, you are still so good at your paintings
really nice of you Pat1940. :-)Thanks..... The contest is on Facebook. And there are so many people in this contest.. But there is Nothing to win, nothing to lose :-) And again i was in a hurry to share my drawing, before it was finished. :-) i should wait.But i didn't now how much time i had

Caesar
04-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Perfect! Evidentlyb useless to go further beyond with tiny details and texture. You would risk to spoil the stunning effect of likeness and personality, I think.

danny72
04-06-2016, 05:18 AM
Perfect! Evidentlyb useless to go further beyond with tiny details and texture. You would risk to spoil the stunning effect of likeness and personality, I think.
Thank you! I'm going to leave him this way. I'm happy with it now :-) I'm not that happy with the hair.. Didn't put so much in to that..So maybe i will fix that

danny72
04-06-2016, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=danny72;506485]89472The final painting is coming later.. With the first one the likeness was of.. this one will be better,hoppfuly :-) 89476 continue with blocking in until i'm happy.. some time left on this one :-)89483 Almost done ;-)89485 done i think89491 Still working on the hair

Enug
04-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Looking perfect to me. :)

danny72
04-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Looking perfect to me. :)
Thanks June :-)

D Akey
04-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Great. I'm going to get real nit-picky (meaning talking about a minute detail). Generally shadows get cooler and possibly more neutral (depending on the saturation of the painting's overall style) rather than warmer and more saturated. That orange shadow on his shirt is pretty intense, especially considering the comparative neutrality of the orange of the shirt in the sunlight. I'm not saying go bluer, but you might want to check out some cooler and toned down variations in that particular patch at his collar.

The bounced orange under the chin and neck is fine because it works like a color accent and adds life to the flesh tones.

Other than that it all looks like some really nice painting.

danny72
04-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Great. I'm going to get real nit-picky (meaning talking about a minute detail). Generally shadows get cooler and possibly more neutral (depending on the saturation of the painting's overall style) rather than warmer and more saturated. That orange shadow on his shirt is pretty intense, especially considering the comparative neutrality of the orange of the shirt in the sunlight. I'm not saying go bluer, but you might want to check out some cooler and toned down variations in that particular patch at his collar.

The bounced orange under the chin and neck is fine because it works like a color accent and adds life to the flesh tones.

Other than that it all looks like some really nice painting. Thank you.. I just try to stay true to the reference picture. Its of course a very old picture,so the colors can be abit of. I'm not good with color.But i will check it out.. Play a little bit with the colors.. Thats the great thing with digitaly painting. :-)

danny72
04-07-2016, 06:25 AM

Other than that it all looks like some really nice painting.89502 hope this is better ;-)

D Akey
04-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Small adjustment but it makes all the difference, don't you agree? It also matches the shadowing in the small places like around the collar. So it's all "of a piece", as we say.

Well done indeed.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

danny72
04-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Small adjustment but it makes all the difference, don't you agree? It also matches the shadowing in the small places like around the collar. So it's all "of a piece", as we say.

Well done indeed.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: Thans För tips ;-).. I have to say that it's look better.. I try to much "copy" a reference picture.. I'm learning my friend. Thanks again :-)

Caesar
04-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Well, the hair resolution is fantastic now and it doesn't distract particularly ... ganz gut!

danny72
04-07-2016, 11:21 PM
Well, the hair resolution is fantastic now and it doesn't distract particularly ... ganz gut!
Thank you!! :-)89505 Did one in Ajax shirt also.. A Ajax fan ask for it on Facebook :-)

Caesar
04-08-2016, 01:13 AM
Thank you!! :-)89505 Did one in Ajax shirt also.. A Ajax fan ask for it on Facebook :-)

Prepare to some Barcelona fan request as well then (not me) .... LOL:o
Personally I have a sad memory from that Ajax team, since Juventus lost a Champions Cup against them (1-0), but it was an almost invincible team then and it was a honorable loss.
It was far more painful to lose the final against Hamburg or Borussia Dortmund which were supposed to be beaten quite easily ...considering we had 8 finals and won only two .... decidedly not the best record ....
That Ajax was the real top club and clearly above all others in that age, probably even more than Barcelona today, also considering that they didn't have the incredible economical turnovers of todays superteams buying and paying for any superstar available from anywhere in the world, such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen, and not even that of oil and gas deep-pockets sheiks and tycoons teams like PSG, Chelsea Man City and United.

danny72
04-08-2016, 01:27 AM
Prepare to some Barcelona fan request as well then (not me) .... LOL:o
Personally I have a sad memory from that Ajax team, since Juventus lost a Champions Cup against them (1-0), but it was an almost invincible team then and it was a honorable loss.
It was far more painful to lose the final against Hamburg or Borussia Dortmund which were supposed to be beaten quite easily ...considering we had 8 finals and won only two .... decidedly not the best record ....
That Ajax was the real top club and clearly above all others in that age, probably even more than Barcelona today, also considering that they didn't have the incredible economical turnovers of todays superteams buying and paying for any superstar available from anywhere in the world, such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen, and not even that of oil and gas deep-pockets sheiks and tycoons teams like PSG, Chelsea Man City and United.In my time,Ajax wan over Ac Milan.1995 That was big,but in 1996 they lost the final against Juve. That was also terrible ;-)

Caesar
04-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Actually it was many years before that they won against Juve, unfortunately for me, also because it means I'm quite aged now ...:o;)

danny72
04-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Actually it was many years before that they won against Juve, unfortunately for me, also because it means I'm quite aged now ...:o;)
:-) old man, let it go! ;-).. Dutch people needed that win,hehe.. I'm sure that Juve going to be superb again.. They are best in Italia at least ;-) That's really good.. And al that without the big Zlatan ;-)

danny72
04-10-2016, 09:43 PM
89472The final painting is coming later.. With the first one the likeness was of.. this one will be better,hoppfuly :-) 89476 continue with blocking in until i'm happy.. some time left on this one :-)89483 Almost done ;-)89485 89491changed the hair abit89530 final

danny72
04-10-2016, 09:57 PM
89472The final painting is coming later.. With the first one the likeness was of.. this one will be better,hoppfuly :-) 89476 continue with blocking in until i'm happy.. some time left on this one :-)89483 Almost done ;-)89485 done i think89491changed the hair abit89531final.........