PDA

View Full Version : the Chessman

gxhpainter2
04-03-2016, 08:13 AM
for all the chess lovers out there hope you enjoy its color explorations

D Akey
04-03-2016, 08:53 AM
From me you get a big check, mate.

Love it. And I think you'll get a lot of interest based on the title alone. Chess people, many of them, love that their passion is shared. Remember when the band Yes came out with that song that used lots of Chess imagery? I remember Casey Kasem on his radio broadcast would comment on whatever song he was playing before he played it. I distinctly recall the Chess reference for that song. I think he said it was unique in Rock and Roll up to that time. So it did get that shout out and got a little bit of publicity as a result.

The image is really clean and I very much like their relationship of colors, shape and all that. You got a winner here.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
04-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Two absolute winners Gary, this is such a great piece, agree with DAkey for sure, any chess player with love to have this on their wall, anyone for that matter, super, super job

gxhpainter2
04-04-2016, 06:01 AM
From me you get a big check, mate.

Love it. And I think you'll get a lot of interest based on the title alone. Chess people, many of them, love that their passion is shared. Remember when the band Yes came out with that song that used lots of Chess imagery? I remember Casey Kasem on his radio broadcast would comment on whatever song he was playing before he played it. I distinctly recall the Chess reference for that song. I think he said it was unique in Rock and Roll up to that time. So it did get that shout out and got a little bit of publicity as a result.

The image is really clean and I very much like their relationship of colors, shape and all that. You got a winner here.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: Thanks my friend for your great comments on this, and yes I have gotten a lot of likes and some nice comments via Instagram.. I don't play chess anymore
but I played a lot in high school and college and belonged to the chess club... I was definitely a nerd in high school!..:o:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:

Two absolute winners Gary, this is such a great piece, agree with DAkey for sure, any chess player with love to have this on their wall, anyone for that matter, super, super job thanks pat for you
sweet comments! the comments on my works definitely provide the juice to keep going and exploring..:):):)

Marilyn Anne
04-05-2016, 07:33 AM
The suggestion of pieces and board is very interesting! I play chess on my iPad everyday and keep the level of difficulty low enough that I can win!

sabena
04-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Very Good Work GXpainter, very good:cool:

Caesar
04-05-2016, 08:38 PM
OK, I cannot duplicate DAkey comment about the game phase, but You certainly generated an artful comics with Your various experimental "vignettes", creating different places and times of Your painting history. Well done!

gxhpainter2
04-08-2016, 05:15 AM
The suggestion of pieces and board is very interesting! I play chess on my iPad everyday and keep the level of difficulty low enough that I can win! Interesting I just download a chess game to my ipad after reading your post and will have to give it a try! :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:

Very Good Work GXpainter, very good:cool: thanks Sabena to good to hear from you again!.

OK, I cannot duplicate DAkey comment about the game phase, but You certainly generated an artful comics with Your various experimental "vignettes", creating different places and times of Your painting history. Well done! thank you sincerely Caesar always great to hear your thoughts :):):):)

sabena
04-11-2016, 02:32 AM
Gxpainter you is my favorite artist, follows a little my wave. Very good work:rolleyes::rolleyes:

gxhpainter2
04-11-2016, 04:20 AM
Gxpainter you is my favorite artist, follows a little my wave. Very good work:rolleyes::rolleyes: why thank you very much Sabena that means a lot to me :):):)