PDA

View Full Version : Can Artrage create reflections?

itsallaboutp
03-30-2016, 01:02 PM
I was wondering if I can create reflections on artrage or would I have to draw it. I think its sketchbook where you can draw and it will draw it twice (top/bottom) which is great for reflections in paintings. 89436

HannahRage
03-30-2016, 05:11 PM
ArtRage can definitely create reflections! The tool you want in this example is the Symmetry tool ( Tools > Paint Symmetry).

However, you can also create reflections by merging, duplicating and flipping all the stuff you want reflected, and turning that into the 'water'.

itsallaboutp
03-31-2016, 11:54 AM
ArtRage can definitely create reflections! The tool you want in this example is the Symmetry tool ( Tools > Paint Symmetry).

However, you can also create reflections by merging, duplicating and flipping all the stuff you want reflected, and turning that into the 'water'.

Thanks the first option is difficult when I use a stencil it doesn't even look like the image above. The second option works great. Now I just need to figure out how to make the water look clear. Or blend with the picture. Thanks again

HannahRage
03-31-2016, 11:56 AM
Ah, that's because symmetry ignore stencils. If you were just drawing freehand, it would work.

itsallaboutp
03-31-2016, 12:57 PM
Ah, that's because symmetry ignore stencils. If you were just drawing freehand, it would work.

Oh good to know thanks

Enug
03-31-2016, 01:54 PM
Here is one I painted using the duplicate and flip method - just reduce the opacity on the 'flipped' layer.

itsallaboutp
04-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Here is one I painted using the duplicate and flip method - just reduce the opacity on the 'flipped' layer.

WOW beautiful I will try right now