PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop layers and selections in Artrage

elainep
03-26-2016, 06:43 AM
I'm working on a huge project for a client. I am taking a piece that she painted traditionally and rearranging things from a vertical layout to a horizontal layout for a rug design. I started with about 25 layers in photoshop, and I was really pleased at how well they imported into Artrage, so that I can use the more natural materials in Artrage to touch up and recreate some of her painting.
I did however find, that a text layer with a stroke (done as a layer style) did loose it's stroke. But I was able to go back to photoshop, and rasterize the layer with the stroke and it imported to a layer and fit PERFECTLY!
I am up to 31 layers and while art rage is getting a little slow, it is doing great!
One thing I never noticed, in all the years I'm using Artrage, is that I couldn't flip a selection in Artrage. We needed a few extra leaves, and I wanted to copy and paste her leaves. I used the freehand selection tool in art rage and managed to copy and paste a leaf, but it doesn't flip with the handles like it would in photoshop. I needed it to be a mirror image. Is there some other way of doing that? I honestly thought it did, but this is such an intense project, I may not be thinking clearly.

jmac
03-26-2016, 10:42 AM
elainep, sounds like an interesting project. Click on the leaf with the transform tool to select it, then right click and choose "Flip Horizontal".

markw
03-26-2016, 12:05 PM
And faster still, with the Transform selection active jut hit the ‘H’ key to flip horizontally or ‘V’ to flip vertically.

jmac
03-26-2016, 04:02 PM
Ah! I forgot about that one. Thanks Markw!

elainep
03-27-2016, 02:01 AM
Thank you both. I know I've flipped things, but I was so sure I that when I was in the transform tool, that I could simply drag to flip. I know it works that way in adobe products.