PDA

View Full Version : Volcanic Virgin islands

Caesar
03-19-2016, 02:29 AM
Instead than Van Gogh, I rather felt like Gauguin. Nature is so lovely and it's quite curious how an archipelago may look pleasantly evocative ... :o;)
Just a post-abstract sight collateral mishap ....

D Akey
03-19-2016, 04:07 AM
From the show: Lifestyles of the Bronze and Busty.

The Athena Patina -- where all the bronze gods and goddesses go for a dip.

I saw it in the catalog. Or if one prefers, an Olympian could perhaps go for a mud wrap on Santorini or Pompeii.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
03-19-2016, 05:06 AM
:o eheheheh :o;)
Dear DAkey, You never know what you may fish in our Magna Grecia waters, be it Riace or Syracuse .... anyway I like Olimpics Games in the pool, as you can see, especially when there's bathing of nereids and naiads.
Thank You!

Here's what I similarly found on the web, although I don't know neither the title nor the author of this illustration .... what about a peeling-by-fish therapy rather than mud-wrapping?

D Akey
03-19-2016, 11:19 AM
:o eheheheh :o;)
Dear DAkey, You never know what you may fish in our Magna Grecia waters, be it Riace or Syracuse .... anyway I like Olimpics Games in the pool, as you can see, especially when there's bathing of nereids and naiads.
Thank You!

Here's what I similarly found on the web, although I don't know neither the title nor the author of this illustration .... what about a peeling-by-fish therapy rather than mud-wrapping?

This Pre-Raphaelite pic if you're talking about down by Sicily, it gives "Sleeping with the fishes" a far less sinister spin than in the classic movie The Godfather. And so long as you're going on about volcanoes in that region, we must not forget Mt Etna.

Got to love the Pre-Raphaelites and their imitators for sharing their fantasies so graphically though.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
03-20-2016, 04:08 AM
Dear Caesar, love the lady with fish, great job, well the volcanic boobies are a little inflated for your paintings:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Caesar
03-21-2016, 10:02 PM
Right on all the topics, dear DAkey! I do appreciate Pre-raphaelites, as snob and sloppy as they may seem, although their painting approach is too much demanding for our age and Mt. Etna, over 3.000 m high, is the larger Volcano in Europe and go on working and releasing lava each now and then. After all is a good old giant, far from potentially dangerous, as in the other three cases (Vesuvio, Stromboli and Vulcano) which needs to periodically "evacuate" ... LOL :o;)

Deflation causes depression, dear Pat, so I had to give a hope in this delicate economical and financial moment and water "buoys" against gravity disrespect. LOL:o;):D Anyway it's mainly Gary's fault if I resumed my less than serious approach to painting as well as my clumsy attempts to abstract! :o;)