PDA

View Full Version : Van Gogh

pat1940
03-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Well this is the closest I could get to a Van Gogh, difficult to get his brush stroke, was not going to post it then I thought (what the heck, it can be a Pat Van Gogh lol:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
03-11-2016, 02:16 PM
OW. You Picked. A hard one this time. to leave me Kathleen CIAO :D:D:D

danny72
03-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Aah Mr Van Gogh.. :-) That's hard to do.. Havn't seen the original. But your painting looks good.. I'm not a big "Van Gogh" fan. But it was a interesting figure. And we Dutch are quite proud of him. But the Van Gogh story makes me sad. Poor man.

D Akey
03-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Hey Pat, I really like this look you've sort of stumbled into. Certainly the Van Gogh feel is there, but the way you handled the brush is very different and you haven't forced the patterning. And what do you know -- your own style!

I love that sky especially. Well done! Call you Pat Van Pool and we'll name a whole lane in your honor here on the LA freeways. I think we shall call it the Van Pool Lane. Congrats, and speedy motoring!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
03-12-2016, 02:45 AM
Dear Pat Gogh, the materic effect is not that easy to get, in particular something comparable to such artist brushstrokes. It would require direct colors-on-canvas mixing with brush and knife (hard, loaded too, and wet), high pressure oil and paint tubes in case (not considering if some preset brush may work well enough too).
Nonetheless You got a very nice outcome because working on great artists masterpieces are a marvellous school and offers us a composition, a palette and much more harmonic and masterfully set up.

gxhpainter2
03-12-2016, 06:01 AM
Pat you got a great outcome and both Caesar's and DAkey's comments are spot on as usual
and should be very encouraging as well..:):):):)

pat1940
03-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Thank you dear eighty, Danny, DAkey, Caesar and Gary, very unexpected comments and so pleased to hear them, and now I'm glad I tried:D:D:D:D

huxtiblejones
03-17-2016, 04:24 PM
This is some great work, your studies are excellent! It's interesting how you never really know a painting until you try to copy it, it always helps me realize why I love certain images. Keep up the great work.

pat1940
03-18-2016, 07:22 AM
What nice compliments, huxtiblejones, thanks so much, I have learned so much by doing copies, when it comes to painting, I have so much patience, just love it

Marilyn Anne
03-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Great learning experience! Fun to work on! Really quite nice in the end.

pat1940
03-20-2016, 10:34 AM
Thank you Marilyn Anne for checking it out