PDA

View Full Version : Sandstorm

scribbledsoul
03-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Here's a new piece that I started today. I love these horses! I'm using the felt pen, pencil, and blender tools to create this, with a few layers to help with the blending. I still have a long way to go, and need to do some refinements on the head of the first horse. I decided not to paint these horses exactly like the reference photo, because I like to create something new and unique with my work, and give it my own personal style (I like my animals in my drawings to be fuzzy, lol). I might even change their coat colors and play around with lengthening their manes and tails, not sure yet. I envision these guys looking like a herd of wild horses, shaggy-coated, spirited, and completely untamed. I'll have to experiment and see what works best for me. Enjoy! I'm off to go paint some more :D

Enug
03-09-2016, 08:16 PM
What you have done so far is just beautiful. Looking forward to following your progress.

danny72
03-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Here's a new piece that I started today. I love these horses! I'm using the felt pen, pencil, and blender tools to create this, with a few layers to help with the blending. I still have a long way to go, and need to do some refinements on the head of the first horse. I decided not to paint these horses exactly like the reference photo, because I like to create something new and unique with my work, and give it my own personal style (I like my animals in my drawings to be fuzzy, lol). I might even change their coat colors and play around with lengthening their manes and tails, not sure yet. I envision these guys looking like a herd of wild horses, shaggy-coated, spirited, and completely untamed. I'll have to experiment and see what works best for me. Enjoy! I'm off to go paint some more :D

89277 Wow! So awesome!

scribbledsoul
03-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys! I will have another update soon :)

scribbledsoul
03-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Here's an update. I will sketch out the other horses and figure out their coat colors before I touch up the first one. I love how this is turning out! :D

scribbledsoul
03-12-2016, 01:12 AM
Okay, don't judge this next horse just yet. I'm still experimenting with the color, and I have only added the hair texture on the head, neck, and part of the chest/shoulder. I also haven't finished with the eye and shaping the nostrils. It still has a long way to go. I'm not sure if I like it or not; it's definitely different, and it is actually a color that appears in horses (rarely). I guess I'll just keep going and see what works in the end. :)

DJM
03-29-2016, 10:50 PM
How long have U been using AR? and how did U do this awesome piece?I can't even stay inside the lines of a simple apple. Very nice.

odemilson
04-17-2016, 01:03 AM
You work with the fur impression is awesome. The colors too!

I'll keep following this post! :cool: