PDA

View Full Version : Lush Life

gxhpainter2
02-29-2016, 12:52 PM
a mix of hard edge and brush work trapped in brush lines ( protect transparency )... hope you enjoy the colors of this one.

D Akey
02-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Just a personal note since you'll doubtless have run this up the flagpole a couple places and gotten a consensus, but I think the beige is sorta meaningless in this context. It has no contact with the shapes and the saturated colors. Is its kinda weak and sucks the life out of this like a gored matador bleeding out in the arena -- only without the drama. Like a bad mixing of musical tracks in a recording session.

I could see this going one of two ways--either pull the strong colors down or kick the color and or values of the beige into something else complimenting or supporting the star the latter choice being what I would try first myself.

That's my 2 cents and worth every nickel too. :rolleyes: my comment's not even worth that but I said it anyway.

I mean most all is great. But the issue for me is a deal breaker as it sits.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool:

danny72
02-29-2016, 06:19 PM
a mix of hard edge and brush work trapped in brush lines ( protect transparency )... hope you enjoy the colors of this one.
You know probably that modern art isn't really my favorite artform. But with this one i really like the colors. You have so much different styles of painting. Well done again!! :-)

damasocl
03-01-2016, 06:17 AM
Al ver esta magnífica obra, me quedé con la boca abierta!
Es en 3D!!!!!

At seeing this magnificent work, I stayed speechless!
It is 3D !!!!!

gxhpainter2
03-01-2016, 06:52 AM
Just a personal note since you'll doubtless have run this up the flagpole a couple places and gotten a consensus, but I think the beige is sorta meaningless in this context. It has no contact with the shapes and the saturated colors. Is its kinda weak and sucks the life out of this like a gored matador bleeding out in the arena -- only without the drama. Like a bad mixing of musical tracks in a recording session.

I could see this going one of two ways--either pull the strong colors down or kick the color and or values of the beige into something else complimenting or supporting the star the latter choice being what I would try first myself.

That's my 2 cents and worth every nickel too. :rolleyes: my comment's not even worth that but I said it anyway.

I mean most all is great. But the issue for me is a deal breaker as it sits.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool: Please don't hold back on my account about your feelings for beige :rolleyes::rolleyes::):)....

You know probably that modern art isn't really my favorite artform. But with this one i really like the colors. You have so much different styles of painting. Well done again!! :-) thanks Danny72 I liked the color combination myself but as DAkey attests everyone has their own right to like or not... I am quite pleased you felt moved to comment at this is not a favorite style for you..:cool::cool::cool:

Al ver esta magnífica obra, me quedé con la boca abierta!
Es en 3D!!!!!

At seeing this magnificent work, I stayed speechless!
It is 3D !!!!! very very nice of you to say so damasocl :cool::cool:

pat1940
03-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Gary, love the colors, I see some dancing frogs having a wonderful time

bDom
03-01-2016, 10:23 AM
beau mélange de couleurs et de formes... +++

Caesar
03-01-2016, 11:45 PM
.... and this one is the Knock-Out punch to my abstract aspirations! A most elegant, sophisticated artpiece with such a soft, muted, splendid, superb background and palette with bold, attractive shapes and vivid, saturated colors perfectly fitting the rest with no loss of harmony or any whatsoever clash! Luminous and shaded areas don't need different tonal values, just proper chroma values and juxtapositions to let us read a space into the frame! :eek::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D Just excellent!