View Full Version : For(r)est

Frisch
02-25-2016, 07:38 AM
"Run, Forrest! Run!" -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SORlV8qAuIs

D Akey
02-25-2016, 07:55 AM
I love it. Good to see you back!

This palette and control is really inviting. Good choice of music as well. You've got a lovely sentimentality to it, as if wandering through a "Forest" of memories -- as if in the winter of one's life, looking back at things that grew into that world and at one time had flowered, now anticipating renewal into a new cycle.

When I was a kid, I grew up watching a BW television from whence came many of my most vivid experiences as a spectator, experiences and adventures far beyond what I was allowed in my own life -- stories of other people who had long passed, real and imagined. Now I'm older, though not too old, but find myself wandering through this forest on occasion, both through the still earlier season forest of my own life, but also that wintry one of my elders painted in conversations at meals and chats.

And as we chat, and I help draw forth their memories, we get to play the artist and sort elements into some aesthetic order to everyone's satisfaction.

Hope your dad is okay. I recall you mentioning him some time ago before you went on your hiatus.

Your painting has changed tone some. It is beautiful.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

damasocl
02-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Beautiful, and so original!!!

Caesar
02-25-2016, 09:18 PM
A quite original idea and connection! :cool:

pat1940
02-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Really like this a lot, nice to see you back