PDA

View Full Version : Mondrian's Chords

gxhpainter2
02-22-2016, 07:58 AM
inspired by an artist I am becoming more and more interested in.. hope you enjoy

jmac
02-22-2016, 10:54 AM
I like this one! Nice color. Very cool.

jmac
02-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Gary, I'm just curious. Do you ever print your work? I ask because the colors you use are often very bright and saturated. They look great on screen. I was just wondering how they print.

gxhpainter2
02-22-2016, 12:51 PM
I like this one! Nice color. Very cool. thanks jmac :):)

Gary, I'm just curious. Do you ever print your work? I ask because the colors you use are often very bright and saturated. They look great on screen. I was just wondering how they print. jmac, you bring up a good point. the short answer is yes I frequently print my work on archival papers and inks in my Epson 3880 printer. And while they might look a bit oversaturated on the screen on paper they come out crisp and bright. I found that the way the light reacts to a matte paper dulls the saturation just a bit plus spraying a UV protection coat also helps the color ( maybe 10% or so ) so in order to get the look I want on paper I "oversaturate" my works a little as a final step.

damasocl
02-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Fantastic!!!!

jmac
02-22-2016, 04:04 PM
That's good to know. Thanks for the information. I thought perhaps some of the brightest colors might be out of gamut and not printable.

gxhpainter2
02-23-2016, 06:42 AM
Fantastic!!!! thank you dear friend :):):):)

That's good to know. Thanks for the information. I thought perhaps some of the brightest colors might be out of gamut and not printable. nope they all print, I make sure I am using the proper ICC profile to match the paper I use and I have a calibrated monitor so what I see on screen is what gets printed ( or very very closely ) :cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
02-23-2016, 09:22 PM
Actually You're extending here Your "chords" from Mondrian to the Russian Suprematism/ Constructivism indeed! :eek::cool:
Probably it's such a natural evolution You repeated it a century later and Your own way!;):D:D:D
Anyway a little flavour of Mirņ is never missing ...

gxhpainter2
02-24-2016, 06:50 AM
Actually You're extending here Your "chords" from Mondrian to the Russian Suprematism/ Constructivism indeed! :eek::cool:
Probably it's such a natural evolution You repeated it a century later and Your own way!;):D:D:D
Anyway a little flavour of Mirņ is never missing ... Hmm I see where your deep knowledge of art history has come to play and of course is
a more accurate analysis, I had just finished watching a short film about Mondrian and was deeply impressed with his progression into
more abstract and pure color and line. and a pinch of Miro certainly adds a bit of freshness and depth to any work .:):):):cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
02-25-2016, 09:01 AM
Very good. Takes on a bit of the look of a backdrop from a Gene Kelly dance number in the 50s where they were exploiting the new color film process. Very stagey. I can definitely hear music in this one -- as if in a fantasy montage.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
02-26-2016, 06:02 AM
Very good. Takes on a bit of the look of a backdrop from a Gene Kelly dance number in the 50s where they were exploiting the new color film process. Very stagey. I can definitely hear music in this one -- as if in a fantasy montage.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: thanks dear friend, I had not seen you around here for a while and was a little concerned... so great to hear from you!..:cool::cool::cool::):):)