PDA

View Full Version : Songs from Small Birds

gxhpainter2
02-20-2016, 10:45 AM
just inspired by watching and listening to the sparrows feeding outside my window... I sprinkle wild bird seed out for them so I get quite a gathering during the day...

Marilyn Anne
02-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Love all the colors and textures.

gxhpainter2
02-21-2016, 05:02 AM
Love all the colors and textures. thank you Marilyn Anne, always a pleasure to hear from you :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:cool::cool:

Caesar
02-23-2016, 09:10 PM
This is one of Your best. Your mastery to express any feeling, movement, impression of color and light, texture etc. is more and more amazing. You learn better and better how to exploit Artrage resources to express the inexpressible ....:eek::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D

gxhpainter2
02-24-2016, 06:51 AM
This is one of Your best. Your mastery to express any feeling, movement, impression of color and light, texture etc. is more and more amazing. You learn better and better how to exploit Artrage resources to express the inexpressible ....:eek::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D Caesar you make me blush :o, but so pleased you like this, I also thought the color and design balance worked exceptionally well in this one..

D Akey
02-25-2016, 08:59 AM
I think this may be one of your best, if I may be so bold to say. Certainly one of my favorites, considering from the title what you were aiming for. It really does say it visually in a sort of abstract, amplified verisimilitude -- meaning that it takes the impression of what you're after, you used marks that kept with bird songs and bird flight as if suddenly a flock took off. And you used the colored cacophony of rich fluttery, iterative sounds -- and you translated it all into a visual.

Really great. Try to hang on to what you were doing, even if looking back to see what you did without being so planned, and try to hang onto that quality of capturing an essential quality or two with your marks, perhaps thinking more in terms of character of subject with less visual puttering about (not that you do, but a shift in emphasis to grasp what you got out of this success --- if it's something that interests you. I would hope it would be, but as always it's the artist's call what was the valuable take-away.)

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
02-26-2016, 06:06 AM
I think this may be one of your best, if I may be so bold to say. Certainly one of my favorites, considering from the title what you were aiming for. It really does say it visually in a sort of abstract, amplified verisimilitude -- meaning that it takes the impression of what you're after, you used marks that kept with bird songs and bird flight as if suddenly a flock took off. And you used the colored cacophony of rich fluttery, iterative sounds -- and you translated it all into a visual.

Really great. Try to hang on to what you were doing, even if looking back to see what you did without being so planned, and try to hang onto that quality of capturing an essential quality or two with your marks, perhaps thinking more in terms of character of subject with less visual puttering about (not that you do, but a shift in emphasis to grasp what you got out of this success --- if it's something that interests you. I would hope it would be, but as always it's the artist's call what was the valuable take-away.)

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: wow thanks this is a BIG deal if you think this is one of my best... It has the most likes by far of anything else posted on Instagram (@gxhpainter) so your judgement is validated in the world court as well... I wish I could trap the process but it is more a type of meditation when I paint and create so never the same twice, sometimes the result is amazing even to me and other times... a flop but always instructive.:):):cool::cool:

pat1940
02-26-2016, 12:33 PM
WOW Gary, you have done it again, such fantastic work, love the colors and the flow(well listen to me) one that did not like abstract lol, see what you have done:D, so much beauty in this, going to my Gary folder